Mac LongTubes- Need Help

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Hey All,
I need some help! I have just had Mac Long tube headers installed and the said that it is really tight and it might burn my starter up because it is so close. Has anyone had a problem with this happening before? I know they are a tight squeeze but i've never heard of it being a problem except for the install? Any ideas? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I just spoke to Dallas Mustang because i am about to order a set once i get the cash and they told me everything will fit without any issues or anything to worry about....so i wouldnt sweat it.

I'm definitely thinking about LT's now, but THIS was definitely one of my concerns. I don't plan on going with Mac though, so are there any other brands I need to be aware of with starter clearance??? :shrug:

there "should" be no problems. i've installed 3 sets of mac longtubes, & never had any trouble with the clearance at all. the only thing i can think of, is maybe you need to tighten the front header bolts more. if there is slack in the front ones, it can cause it to lean back a little bit, causing clearance problems. it's tight, but there shouldn't be clearance problems. it's more likely that you just haven't done something right installing them. but the first thing i'd check would be the front header bolts :nice:

c2see21 said:
there "should" be no problems. i've installed 3 sets of mac longtubes, & never had any trouble with the clearance at all. the only thing i can think of, is maybe you need to tighten the front header bolts more. if there is slack in the front ones, it can cause it to lean back a little bit, causing clearance problems. it's tight, but there shouldn't be clearance problems. it's more likely that you just haven't done something right installing them. but the first thing i'd check would be the front header bolts :nice:

great advice pops :nice: it feels nice not to whore once in a while is it now? :p