Mac Prochamber w/cats ? Please Help

NeverDoneGT

Jul 19, 2005
So Cal
I have a 2002 Mustang GT 5 spd w/ a Flowmaster 40 Series Catback and i want to make it louder by adding a Mac Prochamber w/ Cats.

1) Will it make my car run too lean or mess up my A/F ratio?

2) Do i have to get Mil Eliminators?

I just dont want to get it and make my car run like crap, so i would appreciate the help

thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

your car will not be much louder really. it'll have a different tone, but it wont be that loud at all with cats and the chamber = 3rd muffler.
i vote with 03ghoststang. go with offroad prochamber or even an offroad H (for either, you should get MIL eliminators.)

What about the cats n inspection? I was thinking of getting an Prochamber also wit the cats for 409.99 or the prochamber without cats 239.99. Theres a huge difference, but i dont wanna fail inspection in New York State. for 00-02 gt.

I had my UPR catted x-pipe put on today, and it was waaaaaaaaaaaay loud. I put the silencers in from bassani to soften the noise. The main problem was a strong resononce in the cabin at 2000rpm that vibrates the hell out of the inside of the car!!!!! Totally different and meaner sound though!

Pretty sure your not suppose to replace cats on a car with less than 50k miles or 5 years old, might be more now check EPA. So that alone may throw a monkey wrench in there. Also do any of the catted mid pipes have CARB or EPA apporval?
Anyway's I'd do an O/R midpipe either a programmer or mils and just switch it back out for inspection. I mean it's only 8bolts, and if you get plug and play mils 2 connections.

BooWFO said:
Pretty sure your not suppose to replace cats on a car with less than 50k miles or 5 years old, might be more now check EPA. So that alone may throw a monkey wrench in there. Also do any of the catted mid pipes have CARB or EPA apporval?
Anyway's I'd do an O/R midpipe either a programmer or mils and just switch it back out for inspection. I mean it's only 8bolts, and if you get plug and play mils 2 connections.

even if it has cats sometimes they wont pass because they come with high flow cats. I live in california and i will have to bolt up the stock H-pipe in order to pass emissions testing so it's a good idea to have it laying around in the garage for that reason

I have a MAC cat-back with Magnaflow catted X, and it's definitely louder than when the stock mid pipe was on it. I have a 4.10 rear also, so the drone is loud at 55-60 mph driving, which is where I am most of the time. Nice sounding going down the road!

scupking said:
The procamber only has one cat per side. The stock H has 3 per side. So, the procamber should be louder then the stock H.
But the chamber is just another muffler on the car. I've heard 2 people tell me so far that adding a catted prochamber wasnt any louder than the stock H and if anything, it quieted it down a little.

Go offroad PC or H and get some plug and play MIL Eliminators.