MAC SS Catback $429

mjh78

Oct 12, 2007
good deal? ive read people had some issues with MAC quality and fitment, but this is full SS so should hold up pretty well, wouldn't you think? Anyone had any fitment issues with the SS MAC catback? 429 free shipping seems pretty dang reasonable.

• Sponsors (?)

My MAC Catback fit but was not great but did it with a friend in only a few hours. Had a few rattles from the passenger side pipe that would come and go and it hung LOW.

When I had a shop put my Bassani X on, they cut the flanges off the MAC where it connected with the X and then made the MAC fittment 100x better. Now it sits higher so it does not bottom out and no more rattle.

~K

Hmm..well the SS was only $59 more than the alumizined or whatever it is version of the MAC. I figured $59 was well worth it to go stainless. Went with the MAC, hope to get it bolted on today...so we'll see.

Only problem I had with my Mac catback was that it took some tweaking to get the fitment right. I put on a prochamber at the same time, and with all the different part, it just took some patience to get it all just right.

Mine came pretty close to rubbing the gas tank cover on the passenger side, but I didn't have any spots that actually touched or rattled.

Mine was the non-SS version, but I don't think that would matter for fitment purposes.