Mach 1 MACH 1 310HP is wrong...

• Sponsors (?)

CarrollShelby said:
According to the figure I see... 13.3@1/4mile for a stock and brand new car.

This is much more in the 340hp-350hp range power than 310hp... :bang:

So what's wrong with a little under-rated power?

Getting more hp/tq than you payed for (or expected) is always a good thing... :nice:

So the question is what do you guys tell people who ask you how much power your car has? I get get taht question all the time and being a car nut, find this difficult at times. I mean do I give a Machs rwhp figures, factory underratted figures, or the actual fly wheel horsepower figures? Since most people won't know the difference between the 3, and there isn't time to explain usually (most wouldn't care either way to listen), I usually just say 320 hp. :D

CatmanJJ said:
So the question is what do you guys tell people who ask you how much power your car has? I get get taht question all the time and being a car nut, find this difficult at times. I mean do I give a Machs rwhp figures, factory underratted figures, or the actual fly wheel horsepower figures? Since most people won't know the difference between the 3, and there isn't time to explain usually (most wouldn't care either way to listen), I usually just say 320 hp. :D

I tell anyone who asks my RWHP numbers.

This is the most accurate to me, and I can easily back it up when someone cries "BS"... :D

I tell people 310 cuz the ones who ask really don't care anyway. I don't really care how much HP/TQ it's rated @ or even what it runs on a dyno. All I really care about is how fast it can run a 1/4 mile. There's people w/ cars in there garages that run over 1000HP & barely crack 14s. HP/TQ figures are all over-rated. What really matters is getting it to the ground. I'll take 300 @ 13.5 than 1000 @ 14.9 anyday. :rlaugh:

So am I right by looking at these numbers you guys have in your sigs that the 03 Mach 1 runs just about mid 13's stock? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to guage how fast the car I built is and I ran a stock Mach last night. So mid 13's about the norm?

TheEvII said:
So am I right by looking at these numbers you guys have in your sigs that the 03 Mach 1 runs just about mid 13's stock? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to guage how fast the car I built is and I ran a stock Mach last night. So mid 13's about the norm?
Mine has nothing more than welded in Flomaster 40's,drop in K&N replacement air filter and ran a best of 13.3 @ 103 on street tires.

i usually tell people mine has "enough". Who cares how much power they got? It's important only to a certain extent. Like downsouth said, these higher HP cars that cant crack 14's (maybe a little exagerated) because they cant handle it or the driver sucks. I run 14.8's consistently on bald tires, and so when I tell somebody i run 14.8's, they think my car is slow, although I know there's more power there. I just can't get it to the ground. :( So I really dont care how much power I have, cus I cant really use it. lol, it's late, and i've been up for over 41 hours straight, im crashing out.

TheEvII said:

Low 13s good driver mid 13s for average and high 13s for unpracticed driver. That's the way I see it. :nice: So what happened in the race?? BTW I just check out your site, your car is sweet :hail2: