Mach 1 Auto 7k redline?

fromadig91

Jul 27, 2008
I know that the 03-04 Mach 1's that are manual have the same crank as the cobras and are capable of safely going to 7,000 RPMS, but what about the auto's? Do they to go to 7 grand when you go WOT? What crank do they have? same as 00-04 GT?

• Sponsors (?)

I know that the 03-04 Mach 1's that are manual have the same crank as the cobras and are capable of safely going to 7,000 RPMS, but what about the auto's? Do they to go to 7 grand when you go WOT? What crank do they have? same as 00-04 GT?

Mach 1 engines fitted to automatics came with a cast iron crankshaft versus the steel part found in the Terminator motor. This is one reason for the lower redline on automatic Machs.

a cast crank can easily withstand 7000 rpm. although the highest HP i have witnessed with my eyes and 7k is 415rwhp in a 2005 GT. so im not really sure how much HP they can take at that rpm. my bet is they will do fine in mach1 bolt-on car and 6600.
there are a bazillion late model cast crank 05+ GT's turning 6600. i have yet to see a single 05+ cast crank failure in the years ive been with my club.