Fox Mach 1 Chin Spoiler On My Notch

MFE92

10 Year Member
Aug 25, 2010
Phoenix
Finally completed the job, which included new brake ducts and the holes to feed them. I had a ranger airdam on it which worked, but looked ugly, and when the ducts got damaged and worn out, I decided to try the Mach 1. It fit pretty good, I just had to slit the backing in two places so I could bend the fender extensions in to fit the fenderline without wrinkling it. I think it turned out pretty clean.

image_zpssy0vps0t.jpg

image_zpsb5n23kt4.jpg

image_zpskviacke2.jpg

image_zpsvq3ktop9.jpg

I used 4-inch-to-3-inch galvanized reducers bent down square at the large end for the scoops:

image_zpspbphccix.jpg

image_zpsxa54oxjk.jpg

Passenger side ducting:
image_zpsmvs0kwu4.jpg

I closed the gap between the duct and the dam with aluminum tape, then painted it. Looks like ass but few people will see it
image_zpspqkxkq0l.jpg

Drivers side ducting:
image_zps9nkyxpsr.jpg

image_zpsujadn2n6.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I haven't had it out yet, I will tonight though. I don't expect any differences except I hope the duct openings are big enough.

I'd be highly interested in hearing how it changes/affects high speed handling. Also, I'd discussed venting my hood with @hoopty5.0 and he mentioned your hood vent. Was that done for cooling or air pressure purposes? What were the results? Very nice car, btw! :)

I can look past a little ugliness when I know it's a purpose built car and serves a specific purpose. The chin spoiler looks good btw. When do we get to see some more go pro action?

Joe

I'll post some video later on. I don't think it made any handling difference, if it did it was way overshadowed by my new Eibach rear swaybar LOL. The hood vent was for cooling. Again, since I don't datalog, I only have anectdotal evidence, I don't think it kept ultimate temps lower but it seems to take longer to get there.

I'll post some video later on. I don't think it made any handling difference, if it did it was way overshadowed by my new Eibach rear swaybar LOL. The hood vent was for cooling. Again, since I don't datalog, I only have anectdotal evidence, I don't think it kept ultimate temps lower but it seems to take longer to get there.
I have a mach 1 chin spoiler that i bought also,not sure if i was going to put it on....yours looks good though,i might revisit the idea!