Mach 1 needs help

player4lifeov

Mar 22, 2006
California
Well my friend with a mach 1 calls me because his car is making this weird noise and he cant even put it in gear. So i go pick him up and when i heard da noise, it sound like there was something loose inside the transmission or clutch's pressure plate came loose. It sounded really bad!! I'm talking bout it gave me chills!!! It sound like a piece of metal just rattling around inside da tranny. Any ideas on what it might be? its a 2003 mach 1 5spd.

• Sponsors (?)

How is the fluid level, what happened to cause this?

I suggest you have it moved to a transmission shop or a Ford dealership on a flat bed and get an estimate.

Their was some kind of TSB on the Machs for 1-2nd gear lockout and 2-3rd gear lockout. Had something to do with the synchros I think. But to not go into gear at all, I don't know if that would be covered under any kind of warranty or not. I'd take it to a dealership and see what they say. Maybe they'll fix it if looks like it was'nt caused by any kind of racing. :shrug:

If he can't even put it in gear the synchro's are gone. time for a new tranny...

That's not accurate.

There are a few possibilites. There's no way to tell unless you take it all apart and look. Could be an issue with the clutch/pressure plate, it could be the trans as well. Gotta take a peek really