Mach 1 shaker hood conversion

chris1106dc

Aug 23, 2004
Hi All,
I am looking to add a shaker hood to my 03 GT. If anyone has done this, please send ideas on which system works better. I have seen some ads for cdc kit and oem from ford. Not sure any help appreciated,Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't done this "mod" but have considered it. If I do I'll be going with the kit from www.karkraft.com since it essentially uses all OEM parts including the OEM Mach 1 hood. The CDC kit uses your GT hood but you have to cut a hole in it and attach an applique to it for the raised part of the hood. While the CDC kit looks nice, IMHO whenever you have to cut or otherwise modify existing parts you have a greater chance of screwing things up or not having them turn out as perfectly as you would hope versus just swapping parts out for new parts. Anyways, just my $.02.

unless you go the CDC route, you need the following parts:

karKraft shaker kit - $579
mach 1 hood - $574 from the dealer
hood liner - $74 from dealer
underhood ring - $76 from dealer

then you'll need to paint the hood and either cut an intake hole in your GT air filter housing or buy a mach 1 a/f housing which will run another $350 for the cheap plastic part from the dealer. i'm sure that, if you look around, you can find better prices than dealer prices on this stuff. good luck.