mach 1 story.maybe i don't get it or something!

ok on svt perfomance there is a post of mach-1 runs 11.80's just bolt on's. there is a vid to show the car does the time so he has proof. here is the thread and all the responces including mine.http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65457. now i know that this car doesn't belong to anybody posting on that thread (from what i can see) but my point is i just don't believe that those times are achievable with a car that weighs 3385 lbs. my biggest fight was that the car is not able to do 115.43 with the rwh stated and the weight of the car. i think he has nitros. i have a 93 vert that went 12.289 @117.92 with 2.207 60' my mph in the 1/8th was 90. my car weighs 3500 with me in it and i have at least 425 rwh with stock aod. he has a standard. i told my friend one bad 95 this and he laughed he said look at killer canary's times!just let me know if i need to be schooled on this....L8r :shrug: :bs:

• Sponsors (?)

Did you look at Killer's times?
He has much less horsepower than you (if you really have 425, not flaming though), and your car weighs over 150lbs less than his. However he still runs 12.31 @ 111.15. Of course, from what I have read he is an excellent driver, which plays a huge role. If you could get your 60' down you would have much better times as well.

ya i realize that he does have good times and thats my point if this guy with the mach-1 has 320 rwh or so, he is not getting his car to go 115.43 in the 1/4 with 3385 lbs to move. there is a big difference between 111 and 117.92 mph and my et would be around 11.55 or a little less if my 60' was 1.5 or 1.6. hp=mph and i believe that mach has 380 to 395 to get it done.i don't know maybe i should just forget it.

Man, it's too early! Sorry, for some reason I didn't even notice your trap speed. Power does directly influence the speed, and Killer's driving skill plays a bigger role in his lower times (than his speed). I haven't seen enough racing to go one way or the other with the mach situation. I would wait for some of the many hardcore track guys in this forum to give an opinion before "forgetting it."

ps: did you do your run on slicks? and what was the vortech pushing?

your right it is early and when i got up i was half awake when i posted. um i was running drag lights up front and my cobra-r's out back with dragradials 275/40/17.blower is pushing 8 to 9 psi. oh ya im sure i'll get some response to this post once the hard cores get on which is what i want. thanks for responding early bird!

joe

go.rei GT said:
Did you look at Killer's times?
He has much less horsepower than you (if you really have 425, not flaming though), and your car weighs over 150lbs less than his. However he still runs 12.31 @ 111.15. Of course, from what I have read he is an excellent driver, which plays a huge role. If you could get your 60' down you would have much better times as well.

I know blown93feature and the car very, very well. His times are pretty good considering he has a stock aod in his car. When I had the stock aod with the more aggressive cam in the motor my car went 13.8 @104. Then I put the art carr aode in and it dropped to 12.9 @105 on my first pass at the track. I will go back in the spring and lower it even more. Horsepower isn't the answer for everything, as any good tuner or racer will tell you. When Blown93feature get his new tranny in there that thing will be in the 11's no problem. As far as 425hp. I see new cobra's that we all know make a little over 400 rwhp going as high as low 13's. Now that's a disgrace no matter who is driving.

This mach 1 guy is on the crack pipe :bs: . There is no way that car is going that fast. If it was he would be on the cover of every know mustang mag in existance. The only way he is doing it is if he found a 1/4 mile track somewhere that is a downhill track. I wish he would let us know where that is. If he would here would be some of the times from stangnet members:

KillerCanary: 11.50
moneypit: 10.4
onebad95: 12.1

Now if you believe that I have a bridge in manhattan I am selling on ebay.

The only way he could run that time is on the nitrous.......

onebad95 said:
I know blown93feature and the car very, very well. His times are pretty good considering he has a stock aod in his car. When I had the stock aod with the more aggressive cam in the motor my car went 13.8 @104. Then I put the art carr aode in and it dropped to 12.9 @105 on my first pass at the track. I will go back in the spring and lower it even more. Horsepower isn't the answer for everything, as any good tuner or racer will tell you. When Blown93feature get his new tranny in there that thing will be in the 11's no problem. As far as 425hp. I see new cobra's that we all know make a little over 400 rwhp going as high as low 13's. Now that's a disgrace no matter who is driving.

Wasn't saying his times weren't good. He could probably get into the 11's just with slicks. A friend running 11.38 @ 124.xx on dr's ran slicks and skinnies recently and went 10.99 (in a sc'd fox). As for a new cobra running 13's... :owned: :lol:

onebad95 said:
I see new cobra's that we all know make a little over 400 rwhp going as high as low 13's. Now that's a disgrace no matter who is driving.
there is no stock 03/04 cobra making a little over 400hp at the wheels.the most i have ever seen are a few factory freaks that madehp in the low 380's stock. as for your comment about low 13's, how about the 94-95 gt's? mid 15's stock? acura integra's run mid 15's stock with half the cylinders and less than half the displacement. that to me is just as sad.

OK Im the first to say i dont know too much on this subject. However I can buy into it. The car weights 3,465 and has run 13.135 @ 105.51 with a 2.07 60' stock, even stock tires. This is according to MM&FF. Okay shave off some weight, add a few mods (i didnt see what mods he had) focus a lot on suspension, get some slicks, and be a good driver and I think it is possible to hit high 11's. Trap speed I dont know about. Those are just my thoughts.

Hold up guys. In 5.0 a few months ago they did have a mach 1 running high 11's with just bolt-ons, 4.30's, and a P&P intake from Paul's high performance I believe. IT CAN BE DONE. My dad's car weighs 3350lbs with him in it, currently dyno'd 315rwhp, and just ran 12.0 at 115.XMPH He had traction issues that day but it definitely has the power and speed to match the mach's time.

Blown93feature- you are right that MPH=HP, BUT its not exactly an indicator of PEAK power. The car that makes more power in its useable rpm range going down the track will make the bigger MPH. Take me for example, my car weighs 3670lbs with me in it. I dyno'd 293rwhp... doing the calculations it would appear that this is impossible as I don't make enough rwhp to back my 1/4 times and MPH. This is where looking at peak numbers causes problems. The key to my car is that going down the track I shift at 6000rpms, now based on the gear ratios of the tranny, my rpms drop ~2000rpms per gear change roughly. (You can actually figure this out if you wanted to, it'd be harder with an auto due to converter slip) Now over that ~2000rpm range I'm in I'm making 290rwhp at 4800 and don't drop below that until AFTER 5800, so essentially I'm at or above 290rwhp for most of my trip down the 1/4. This will make me faster than say a car that is "peaky" and might dyno more peak. I do run a shortbelt so my 293rwhp isn't a direct relation to my 111mph trap speed, but peak to peak I'll be lucky if I gained 5rwhp with the shortbelt. A buddy of mine dyno'd with and without it and that is all he gained, but it picked up power EVERYWHERE in the rpm range, that is why a 5hp peak gain translates into ~2mph gain.

here is my 2 cents i have a friend who has a mach 1 now he is a good driver and he has went 13.000 at over 100mph can't remember the exact number so i won't say. but he lifted on that pass because he was bracket racing the car is bone stock down to the goodyears on the back and i know he will go 12's with it and with some bolt ons it will go way in the low 12's and like killer said they have done a bolt on 11 sec car already in the mags.

Green 94 5.0 said:
there is no stock 03/04 cobra making a little over 400hp at the wheels.the most i have ever seen are a few factory freaks that madehp in the low 380's stock. as for your comment about low 13's, how about the 94-95 gt's? mid 15's stock? acura integra's run mid 15's stock with half the cylinders and less than half the displacement. that to me is just as sad.

our mustangs do mid 15s stock? dont thing so. the lowest ve heard stock was a 14.7 and thats a second fasted then an acura. just wanted to get that straight :flag:

ya killer i can relate to what your saying, I just couldn't put it in to prospective as to how he could do so well with what he had done. I can see dropping weight "lots of it" and being able to drop time and gain mph because of power to weight ratio. I mean this guy is cutting killer times at the 60' like his car weighed 2800 lbs or something.I never saw the right up on the mach running 11's with bolt on's but i have to say im impressed, and for all intense purpose stand corrected.as i stated in first post got my ass schooled i guess,thanks for the feed back...L8r oh ya! killer here are a couple of new pics of an old fox im sure you'll appreciate the color! better yet this is easier the last page is the most recent.http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484916/6

Green 94 5.0 said:

mid15's stock.. I wish. My slushbox aode went 16.2 stock and that was the best pass. It was consistent at 16.4. Now, I agree that is slow, but my point was it didn't have (as you say) 380 rwhp like the 03 cobra. Also, I was at a dyno shop and watched an 03 cobra on the dyno with 250 miles pull 403hp completely stock. So they do have in excess of 400 hp if you get a good one. I guees killer corrected my opinion. I never saw that write up. Actually, I still either find it hard to believe or am just shocked that the mach1 did that well. From what Killer told me it was far from stock and had some major mods to it. Either way, it's still impressive.

Green 94 5.0 said:

wow, so many retarded comments in 1 post :hail2: