mach 1 story.maybe i don't get it or something!

I'd say it's *possible* for a Mach 1 to go that fast, it's all about the driver. Personally, I have yet to witness a Mach 1 go into the 13's at my local track. On the other hand, Bob Cosby takes a '99 Cobra with 304 rwhp (IIRC) and turns a best of 11.74 (again, IIRC). So obviously driver skill has a *lot* do do with it.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

There are mach's going LOW 13's at 105+mph at our track which has an elevation of 1250' BONE STOCK. I do agree that driver skill has a lot to do with it.

Blown93- SWEET CAR, especially the color! I like the way you've done it, simple and clean. Is it a 93 "limited edition" model, I assume it is with the yellow/white color scheme.

I will vouch for Jeff and his Mach 1 with every shred of credibility I have (or don't have, I guess). The car is the real deal. I've seen it run. I've seen it compete (against me) in NMRA Factory Stock competition. He makes ~320 RWHP. It is possible that he ran those ETs/MPH at less than the weight given (perhaps down around 3200-ish or so) but everything else is accurate. No nitrous needed.

BTW....I replied to your post on SVT Performance.

well as i stated earlier in this post, i stand corrected as to my thought on this matter. I was willing to be shown the reasons for times as posted to be true and how they could happen.I am a person who stands by his convictions but im not so stuborn as to not listen.thanks paul for the compliments on my car. As far as the gentleman that posted people should stop posting bs because it's something that we can't do, well i have more than enough motor more than enough skill to exceed the times of that mach. I was just reluctant to believe such a thing.

Killercanary said:
There are mach's going LOW 13's at 105+mph at our track which has an elevation of 1250' BONE STOCK. I do agree that driver skill has a lot to do with it.
This the same track you run mid-12's in with the same engine combo I have, with a car that weighs 400+ lbs more? :rlaugh:

Dave

95snoozer said:
wow, so many retarded comments in 1 post :hail2:
facts.....

1. every stock 03/04 cobra that i have seen or read about made in the 360-380whp range (20-40 less than 400 in case you have trouble with basic math)
2. a 94-00 integra gsr runs a 15.6 stock
3. a 94-95 stock automatic mustang gt is a mid 15 second car at best
4. a 1.8L 4 cylinder has less than half the displacement and exactly half the cylinders of a 5.0L v8

please enlighten me as to which comments were "retarded" because it seems to me that everything i said was the truth. :rolleyes:

There were two Mach 1's up Cecil county this past season ripping off 12.6's at 107 or so. They were on drag radials and took out the passenger side headlight for a more effective CAI. So with slicks/skinnies and 4.30's, These guys would have been around the 12.1 mark. With a few more "bolt ons" 11's are very possible.

Joe

Green 94 5.0 said:
facts.....

1. every stock 03/04 cobra that i have seen or read about made in the 360-380whp range (20-40 less than 400 in case you have trouble with basic math)
4. a 1.8L 4 cylinder has less than half the displacement and exactly half the cylinders of a 5.0L v8

please enlighten me as to which comments were "retarded" because it seems to me that everything i said was the truth. :rolleyes:

My auto 95 ran a 14.9 stock.

Green 94 5.0 said:
facts.....

1. you called 380 a freak... thast not a freak at all. thast normal form every car my friends have bought. 370s-380s after "the cat recall"

2. not many poeple can launch fwd 1wd open diff very well, and wont run that

3. you bash the times of a car with a 800-1300 pound weight difference, LOWER compression and truck heads when you try to make your case of it being sad they could barely edge out a car with 4 less cylinders :rolleyes:

common physics

you sound like a ricer when you make that comment.

what are you gonna say next? "technology is replacement for displacement" ?

95snoozer said:
3. you bash the times of a car with a 800-1300 pound weight difference, LOWER compression and truck heads when you try to make your case of it being sad they could barely edge out a car with 4 less cylinders :rolleyes:
It is still the point. When you run the car, you run what the car is, not what the differences are. So if you run a 12.9, you say - "Damn, that low compression and big weight difference really killed my time." No, you run what you brung. So you won't race another car because you have truck heads and they don't, so your at a disadvantage? Although I would never own a foreign car of any kind, I do see that the foreign car makers are making cars that will out run a semi stock American V-8, and yes, that is with less than half the displacement and 4 less cylinders.

Joe

95snoozer said:
1. you called 380 a freak... thast not a freak at all. thast normal form every car my friends have bought. 370s-380s after "the cat recall"

2. not many poeple can launch fwd 1wd open diff very well, and wont run that

common physics

you sound like a ricer when you make that comment.

what are you gonna say next? "technology is replacement for displacement" ?
1. 380 is not the norm. most are in the 355-365 whp range. go here and have a look. http://www.mustangsvtcobra.com/database/

2. it is no more difficult to launch a fwd car than it is to launch a high torque rwd car.

3. that statement is so full of ricer excuses, im not even going to comment on it.

you are hilarious. you make it sound like i personally bashed you with what i said about a stock mustangs 1/4 mile time. you should really get out more often if general comments about a car made by a stranger on the internet upset you. :)

Joes95GT said:
It is still the point. When you run the car, you run what the car is, not what the differences are. So if you run a 12.9, you say - "Damn, that low compression and big weight difference really killed my time."

Joe

I concur, but see post below for ignorance about the comparison

Green 94 5.0 said:
you are hilarious. you make it sound like i personally bashed you with what i said about a stock mustangs 1/4 mile time. you should really get out more often if general comments about a car made by a stranger on the internet upset you. :)

not really, I have never been stock so It never would have even bothered me. You just made an idiotic comment as do the rest of the import owners about how it's sad how a 4 cylinder makes XXX power from half the cylinders. Its simple physics why this happens. a top of the line 4 cylinder from honda comes with motor and flow matching specs comparable to a mean street strip v8 setup. Its just too bad it took american car companies to apply these techniques. But of course now, they are gradually applying such ideas in their cars thanks to the 21st century HP race :banana:

gotta love it.

there is one thing they will never touch, and thats the compression of the b18c5, but the ls1 comes about as close as it gets :)

Actually, Snoozer, you are forgetting about the ZR1 Corvette, which has a CR of 11.1, compared to the US B18C5 having a CR of 10.6. I believe the Japanese B18 was 11.0 or 11.1, however.

Jon