mach 1 vs 00 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

The Prisoner said:
Mach 1 has 305hp stock whereas 99-01 cobra has 320hp stock.

Bye bye mach 1

99 Rio-Red Cobravert/parchment/black
Built 4/1/99 (really), #661 of 4055
Post fix, 2nd engine/transmission/clutch (on Ford's nickel)
Bassani X-Pipe, K&N, 3.73:1 rear,
Cobra R wheels with 275/35/18 Bridgestone Potenza SO-3's,
Kenny Brown Signature Series Full Matrix Suspension,
Steeda Triax, Diablo chip. Rear Seat delete,
Piper Motorsports Custom Roll bar, Schroth Harness,
SCOA, SCMC, SCCA, NASA

http://www.dynoperformance.com/article_details.php?ID=27

My friend has a 2003 Mach 1 with an of road x pipe, a catback, and intake. Everytime we race i'll get him all the way through second gear and then after he hits third he starts to pull on me. I only drive a 1999 mustang gt with basic bolt ons, Diablo predator, exhaust, intake, and pullies. I've also beaten a couple of ls1's and some new 05 mustang gt's. I've notice my car accelerates crazy and thats where i get all of these cars. Sounds weird i know but i've done it so many times. Maybe cuz i know how to launch pretty well and cuz i get some good grip, i dont know. I only dyno at 250 rwhp and 289 rwtq.

They will not run 13.1 without slicks(they are always freaks). You are talking about running on the street from a roll. A GT is not that different from a cobra(mach 1). Here they run real close depending on mods. Your a/c on makes about 3 tenths difference in the 1/8. It's the load that changes everything when racing turn it off for about a minute ahead of time. and if you lose the extra weight(passengers) it will help for every 100lbs is about a tenth.

S281 #39B said:
They will not run 13.1 without slicks(they are always freaks). You are talking about running on the street from a roll. A GT is not that different from a cobra(mach 1). Here they run real close depending on mods. Your a/c on makes about 3 tenths difference in the 1/8. It's the load that changes everything when racing turn it off for about a minute ahead of time. and if you lose the extra weight(passengers) it will help for every 100lbs is about a tenth.

There has been more than one here running 13.1s without slicks so dont spout off misinfomation please:nono: ...and they were stock...one guy even ran a 13.05 when it was really cool outside with the paper plates still on the back

gruntman31 said:
Even with your mods, you're nowhere near a bone stock mach 1. These cars are making 270+ RWHP and 290+ RWTQ stock. With your mods you MIGHT be pushing 250 RWHP. My guess is, he wasn't going all out if he only beat you by half a car.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The mach 1 motor in my car is stronger with just a C&L MAF and MAC c/b than my SOHC motor was with ported PI heads, crower cams, C&L, and full exhaust(LT's, prochamber, c/b).
I think he has a supercharger so he should be smoking a stock mach. Should be in the mid 12's or better with a supercharged 01 gt and the mach would be the same with a few mods so I don't know. maybe those extra bodies in his car amde it way slower.:shrug:

S281 #39B said:

Yes, they can. There isn't freaks, just good drivers and track prep.

A/C is shut-off as Mike said, (Mustang5L5)...

GT02MG said:
There has been more than one here running 13.1s without slicks so dont spout off misinfomation please:nono: ...and they were stock...one guy even ran a 13.05 when it was really cool outside with the paper plates still on the back

It is not mis info so. There have been more than a few run slower. I said there are some freaks and Im at the track a lot more than you. A paper tag 2 years after production I bet it was stock(paper tag does not mean stock). What was his 60'. That's got to be 1.8, 1.9,or faster. It also depends on what track you are at. I am not at sea level or cold temps.

S281 #39B said:
I guess professional drivers are not good drivers then.

Lol, obviously your not thinking to well. "Professional Drivers" plague the magazines and tv shows, and you see that they get sometimes "slow" times compared to an enthusiast.

I have seen "professional drivers" get 106mph in a 03 Cobra...and the list goes on...

Just because one drives a fast car doesn't mean they are a good driver in any particular car...

Think this one thru;)

S281 #39B said:
It is not mis info so. There have been more than a few run slower. I said there are some freaks and Im at the track a lot more than you. A paper tag 2 years after production I bet it was stock(paper tag does not mean stock). What was his 60'. That's got to be 1.8, 1.9,or faster. It also depends on what track you are at. I am not at sea level or cold temps.

Cold temps can hurt track times...cold air isn't always the best. The density of water in the air is an effect to...

An internal combustion engine runs off air/fuel, not air/fuel/a bit of water:)

How do you know you have been to the track more than he has?

I ran an 11.1 at a 1000ft. track my first time ever driving the bone stock 04 Mach 1...I know that is the equivalent of a low 13...so I'm sure with an experienced driver behind the wheel of a 4v/solid axle and good weather/track prep for grip, a high 12 is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.