Mach 1 Mach 1's First Car Wash

bobv600

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2001
Burnsville, Mn
Well I bought my 2004 Sreaming Yellow Mach 1 one week ago. I just got back from giving it its first bath. I must say I almost hate washing my car. It seems that when I do I find a scratch or a scuff that wasn't there before. Every new car I have had so far within the first week something small happens to it. Like when I bought my 2000 Mustang within a week I noticed I got a scratch on the bumper. Nothing too bad but I know it wasn't there when I bought it. The car before that someone backed into me. Well, when I was drying the trunk on the Mach today I noticed a small chip in the paint that was almost just hanging on the car. When I touch it of coarse it fell off. Needless to say I was a little bit pissed. At least it is kinda on the underside of the trunk so it is hard to notice. Perhaps I should buy something though to prevent it from cracking more - if they even make anything like that.

As much as I have always wanted a yellow Mustang I know it is going to show scratches more than other colors would. I am just worried about the section of bumper beind the tires bc I know that will probably get scuffed up over the years from rocks and tar and what not.

I must say I am extremely happy with my purchase though and love cruising around town in the Mach 1. I look for forward to reading and posting with you guys on the Mach 1 forums. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)