Mach 460 Bass Issue

CaliStang27

Sep 27, 2009
Hey guys, I have an 01 vert with all stock speakers with the mach 460 system, A few years ago I replaced the head unit with an aftermarket, and added two subs and an amp for the sub as well. The mach amps are still running the speaks in the car. System sounded great for the last couple of years. Recently My subs are cutting on and off, regardless if its up loud or not. After a few seconds or a minute the sub would come back on. Listening closer, the back speaks cut off at the same time. I have been doing some research and checked some basic things like removing the kick panel and checking some exposed connections, all seem fine. Was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue?

• Sponsors (?)

Mach amps still powering inside speakers. Monoblock powering subs. Figured out the problem, 3 different things tapping same power wire, wasn't a problem previously but after adding a relay problem solved.

Reactions: 1 user
Glad you solved your problem. Another thing to consider for those who may still be having a similar issue: If you are powering an aftermarket amp direct from your battery and it keeps cutting in and out, get your battery checked. Mine was doing this and it stopped after replacing a 7yr old battery.