Mach 460. Can the 6x9 in rear be upgraded to a better speaker?

Vipermmx

Jun 26, 2003
Mach 460. Can the 6x8 in rear be upgraded to a better speaker?

My Mach460 system bumps pretty damn good for 6x8s the question is can you upgrade the 6x8 in the back to a better speaker and get more thump? or are you the factory speakers in rear 460 system as good as it gets?

EDIT... 6x8 not 9 opps :D

• Sponsors (?)

6x8?
lol

Amazing thump for such a speaker.

Ill have to crack it open and see what the stats are on that 6x8 and look for something better.

Anyone know the power of the amps of hand?

Sort of a hi-jack, but mine all crackle. I think the previous owner abused the speakers a little, so I'd liek to replace all of them. I like the Mach 460 stereo just fine, so I'm not changingthe head unit. I just want to change all 6 of the speakers.

What size are the door speakers and the tweeters at the top of the door by the mirrors?

smokin'Red35th said:
This is a great question, and i dont mean to hijack, but im thinking of putting infinity speakers all the way around. will this be a great improvement? or a waste of money? (I will also be putting in an alpine head unit)

I have Infinity Kappa 6x8s in the rear along with a set of Infinity Reference Component sets in front. This is all running off a JBL 80.2 (80X2) Amp. I have completely removed the Mach system and took that big plastic amp rack out and mounted the amp under the rear deck. I removed the mach headunit and put in a pioneer premier Mp3 player upfront. Its a real simple install and nothing fancy about it. I'm not really into the whole bass thing anymore since I got rid of my truck PLUS I dont want the extra weight

To answer your original question--I think you would be happy with the Infinity Speakers (Kappa or Reference series) The Kappaa series are a bit more expensive but both series sound reall clear given the right setup.

propellerhead said:
If you plan on keeping the stock head unit, I suggest you do a little more research. The MACH 460 system runs on a different impedance than most aftermarket speakers. You can't just drop in aftermarket 4 ohm speakers.

:stupid: I believe the stock speakers are at 2.5. Wouldn't sound good at all.

I havent seen many stereos that out perform the Mach460 factory. Even a Bose doesnt mean its better. My stereo bass is pretty boom boom and nbo factory one lik eit except Monsoon for pontiac