mach 460 help

snpstang

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
I have a 2000 mustang with a mach 460 system im going to replace the headunit with a aftermarket pioneer but i want to retain my factory speakers and amps for now what harness do i need to buy i saw the scosche harness from crutchfield for like 50 bucks i believe it has the oea-4 but am wondering what will work

• Sponsors (?)

I'm looking at replacing the head unit also. The dealer has it right now because it doesn't recognize that there are still 2 CDs loaded but won't play them or load/eject from the 2 slots. I just checked with Crutchfield.com yesterday and it said that if I cahnged the head unit I also need to change the amps. Is that true if you go with an aftermarket head the factory amps aren't compatible?

it is too much of a pain in the a** to try to replace head unit w/ aftermarket one, while retaining stock speakers/amps. i tried it once and the quality of sound deminished severely. maybe someone else know something i didnt, but if i were you i would stick w/ stock, and maybe change out the 6x8's, and 5x7's w/ aftermarket speakers.

trey