mach 460 radio interference.. help

orangemachine

Apr 5, 2007
pa
Hey all, I need some help. Here is the situation...

I just installed a mach 460 in my 00 GT. When I turn the key back, I get perfect radio reception. However, when I turn the key over or start the car, I get absolutely no radio reception. None. I have no idea why. Now, I checked my antenna and its wiring and everything is okay. The antenna is also securely connected to the radio as well. So what in the world could cause this problem.

Also, I had a clarion aftermarket system in there with new wiring/amps/speakers, which I removed. But before I removed this, it also did not get reception when the key is turned over.

Therefore, with two different wiring systems, I do/did not get reception.

Please help. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure what the problem is but I noticed the same thing with mine today. My reception is crappy with the car running and I can't figure out why. I had the radio on today and, not thinking about it at the time, I was picking up a station that I normally don't pick up at home. I got in the car to start it and the station went to fuzz.

I think it must be some interference somewhere. I noticed mine went bad after my dyno tune and chip install. I thought maybe they knocked the antenna loose but it is fine. I'm going to try a filter and see if it helps. They work when you get alternator noise so maybe it will clear up whatever inteferance I'm getting now. I have an aftermarket head unit connected to the Mach 460 speakers and it used to work fine.

If someone else has an idea blurt it out.

Is there some type of antenna booster or something that strengthens signal? I thought I read something about one and wondered if they are available. How much are they and where could I get one?

Thanks.

I'll check out the noise filter, thanks.

I checked ebay and found some signal amplifiers for car radios. Do they actually work? Anyone have experience with them? They said that the amplifiers add 15db of signal.

ya, I did some more research about what to do....

I bought little noise filters that snap on...

I bought an antenna noise filter that looks like the xterminator thats linked above...

and I bought an antenna booster to help gain signal.

If one of these things doesn't work, I'm going to be real upset. hehe

Has anyone ever used one of these? results?