MACH 460 Speaker Replacement Question ...

PULMEOVR

I need a bigger E-Penis.
Sep 29, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Hey guys,

I blew my passenger side mid-range (lower, not the tweeter) MACH 460 speaker. I'm not a stereo nut here so I am not sure of the size. Anyways, what I want to know is how hard is it to change the speaker? Is it difficult to remove the door panel, and re-wire the speaker? Anything else I should know about this, besides that the MACH 460 sucks?

This is something I'd like to do myself.

Thanks!
Matt :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

DO you want to replace it with the same speaker, or with a pair of new speakers? I recommend keeping both sides matching. It's VERY easy to do, especially if you put a new Ford speaker in it, or you can even get a plug adapter so you don't even have to cut wires. How do you want to do it, and I'll help guide you from that point.

Hi Infinity,

I'd like to replace it with a stock MACH 460 speaker as I don't have the money to replace both speakers. Also, I'm not big on stereos, so I don't need anything fancy. If I install a new Ford speaker, do I have to cut any wires etc.? I have a thread going in the 4.6 Tech forum, but it seems unclear on how to actually remove the door panel. I'd look in my Haynes manual, but I can't find it and I don't think they talk about removing a door panel/replacing a speaker.

Thanks,
Matt

Guys, I didn't get raped!

Ok, well I thought the price was ok. It cost me $50 CAD including all taxes, shipping etc. It wasn't too bad.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to install this next week, and crank up those tunes!

Matt

Is there another easy fix?

Guys, I have the same problem but I would like to replace my front blown speaker with something that won't blow. I'm willing to upgrade but don't want to do anything too crazy. I'm worried that if I go with the same factory speaker it will blow again. Should i just buy a higher quality 6x8? What do you guys recommend?

Well, I didn't want to have a crappy MACH 460 speaker on the driver side, and an upgraded speaker on the passenger side. It probably wouldn't sound right. So, I decided to just keep ALL the speakers the same and get a crappy MACH 460 replacement. And besides, $50 is in Canadian dollars, so thats $43 US. I kinow it's expensive, but I didn't get raped. I mean ... my ass feels fine!!