Mach 460 Stereo

PINK_TACO

Jan 2, 2004
I have the mach 460 stereo, and the sound qiality is great. About 2 weeks afetr I brought it home, I started noticing the upper speaker on the drivers side window was making a sqeaky noise. I took it back, told em to fix it. They said they did. The next day I hear the sqeakiness again, and I call them back. They swear they replaced the speaker. I am thinking maybe there is to much power running from the amp to that speeaker, it sounds as if it's "bottoming out" Anyone else have this problem? Also, I am upgrading to the Mach 1000 system after I get taxes back. Does anyone have thi system? Can you tell me about the sound quality and wheather or not AC/DC Sounds good at full volume. I do the AC/DC test whenever I buy new equip., cause it rarely sounds good at full volume with all the distortion from the guitar. :jester:

• Sponsors (?)

Personal, I didin't think the 460 sounds that good. I took it out after a week, and dropped in a real stereo.

I've seen the 1000, and I think it's kinda dumb. The amp rack goes across the middle of the trunk. Really kills putting anything in the trunk. Not sure what the $$$ is for a 1000 upgrade, but I have a custom sub box for 2 12's that slips out when I need trunk space or when I go racing. I sounds way better then the mach 1000, and I think it is way more useful to be able to get it out and have some trunk space...

But, guess it depends on how demanding you are of sound quality, and how much $$$ you want to thow away...

Later,
Durrman

Wills Black 98 said:
definately dont spend the money on the 1000, definately not worth it! are you sure the squeeking is comming from the speaker?

I am absolutley positive the sqeaking is coming from the speaker. The upgarde for the 1000 is only $900. I had a nissan (gasp, choke) that I had a kick ass stereo system in. Spent 1700 on it. And my 460 sounds better. All I really want is for the bass to hit harder. The mids and highs are great. I really don't care about trunk space. i didn't buy my car thinking I was going to haul groceries in it, or haul anything else for that matter (other than my munchkins). Thats why I have a Chevelle. Its trunk is huge. And for the bigger stuff, I have a truck.

PINK_TACO said:
I am absolutley positive the sqeaking is coming from the speaker. The upgarde for the 1000 is only $900. I had a nissan (gasp, choke) that I had a kick ass stereo system in. Spent 1700 on it. And my 460 sounds better. All I really want is for the bass to hit harder. The mids and highs are great. I really don't care about trunk space. i didn't buy my car thinking I was going to haul groceries in it, or haul anything else for that matter (other than my munchkins). Thats why I have a Chevelle. Its trunk is huge. And for the bigger stuff, I have a truck.

Just dynamat around your speakers, that should solve the problem. Also, you could put in 2 12's in a nice box with an amp for half the cost of upgrading to the Mach 1000, and it will sound better. :D

Ther problem with the 460 is the bass. It sounds awsome on the top end but the low end has no balls. I used to have a 2 12 box but I ditched that for a lighter rockford fosgate tube and I installed the amp under the passenger seat and I can take out the sub at any time and do not add that much weight to an already heavy car.

Just my 2 cents