Mach1 hood work with the 2v shaker system

love the mach 1 look was wondering if the stock mach 1 hood would work the the shaker system that costs like 700. I just dont like the cut stock hood look. If the mach 1 hood does fit any modifications I have to make to get it to fit and work correctly

• Sponsors (?)

my understanding is the CDC Shaker scoop is mounted farther back than the factory Mach 1 scoop, but the shaker itself is the same and can be used with a Mach1 hood if you can build/modify the mounting brackets...

(but I don't think the "cut stock hood" looks so bad ;) )
2012-01-02_14-54-54_614.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-01-02_14-54-54_614.jpg
    2012-01-02_14-54-54_614.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 615
I should have my computer back in a couple days...when I get it ill post pics of my friends gt with stock mach 1 hood and the cdc shaker kit....his fit fine and it looked great too...

I will say this though, every single car is different no matter what...things that fit on 5 other cars may not fit on yours...that's why you hear a yes and no answer on certain things like this

The shaker systems have got to be one of the most, if not THE most, worthless and expensive mods on these cars. Absolutely no performance gain and the aesthetic value is subjective (ie. I think they look like :poo:)

Reactions: 1 user
well considering the 5k difference the 7hundred dollars for the look and a couple hundred for a mach 1hood and i could find another fifty hp with the other 4k lol sounds ok to me i dont like the cut stock hood either i would rather have the mach 1 look