Mach1 Shaker Hood Assembly

xc_myers_06

Aug 6, 2004
Nebraska
Is there any mach1 shaker hood assembly that is compatible with the 5.0 I have a huge interest in the 96+ or 99+ shaker hood air intake that mounts on the 4.6 engine so is there one or a substitute for the 5.0

• Sponsors(?)

xc_myers_06

Aug 6, 2004
Nebraska
i checked CDC but only found 96-98 and 98+. so if anyone can find me a link to the place and post it or else someone that might have heard or done it help me out

ProKiller

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
PA
Visit site
i wonder if they cancelled it because lack of demand. call them up and ask them. they are the only people that make a kit that i know of....

personally a waste of money if you ask me. I know they look cool and all, but you have to keep the stock intake on the car, which is not cool.

xc_myers_06

Aug 6, 2004
Nebraska
k thanks guys but if anyone has a pic of it on their car could they post it. i have personally never seen a SN95 car with a mach 1 shaker

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
I personally dont think the scoop goes with our body. Horsepower TV did it on their 96 with teh 4.6 but i dont like the looks. Cobra RR svo hoods look a TON better.

Also, not sure what aspects u are looking for but dont expect much if any performance out of it. Making the air change all those directions wont help anything. U'd need to make a trans am style ram air...where the air is actually rammed into the motor without changing directions.

xc_myers_06

Aug 6, 2004
Nebraska
yea thought it would be an interesting addition to the car but yea i agree with that cobra rr svo hood that is nice. I better just stick to my plans already with the TFS H/C/I and some 18" Chrome Rims. Thats all i will be able to afford from now till the end of summer!

Final5pt0

Apr 18, 2005
out of luck

hey, i also on a sn-95 5.0 and was very intrested in a shaker for it... and got a total rush when reading a mag (i beleive it was 5.0 mustangs and fast fords) and saw an install tech artical on a shaker for a 5.0 by CDC...something called Shake up your old Pushrod or something....after waiting a few months to appear on there website i decided to contact them.
the project was canceled due to hood clearance problems:bs: ...but the guy told me that it had more to do with re-allocating resources to concentrate on 05 mustangs (which at the time hadnt hit the market)....
so bassically were out of luck with that, they ran into a problem then decided not to fix it cause it would waste time....sorry to kill your dream but mines shot down with it:bang:

i know it was not the best performance mod but i just thought it looked awesome, or atleast it did in the pictures i saw
ok just thought iud let you know, later

xc_myers_06

Aug 6, 2004
Nebraska
Hey thanks Final5pt0, yea i agree the looks of the shaker are incredible and the vid clips i have seen of a 03' mach 1 are just incredible sounding. I would love to hear a 5.0 with with a shaker assembly. I wouldn't mind sacrificing the performance for the appearance. THanks for all the info, maybe you should make them and i would buy one from ya.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
I made a thread about this a while back and we never found one. man I would LOVE to have one on my car.