Mad power

Big Jay

Aug 4, 2003
Tucson, Az.
Ran the car last night. Had traction issues. I ran a best 11.2 @ 142. 98mph in the eighth. 44mph pick up on the big. Too bad I almosted looped it at 130 later in the night. Might have been a good pass.

Also ran a 11.4 @ 138. This was at 10psi. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Goddamn, now THAT's some MPH!!

Curious, do you plan on getting it to hook better and get that ET down? In addition to the obvious cage and driveshaft loop, what other safety requirements do IHRA and NHRA tracks require for cars in the high 9- low 10 second zone, as likely yours will be?

I was on ET STREETS. I am working on the launch right now. I am either bogging or blowing the tires off. I ran the 142 @ 15psi. I turned it up to 18psi and the car went sideways about 1000 feet down track. The car still went 130 on that pass. By sideways I mean out off shape enough to kiss the center line. The track was horrible. BUt it was a "STREET" car night so it was kind of expected.

I was hoping to run 150+ and low 10s/ high 9s but there was no way on that track.

I will try again this weekend if I have time to go back.

Big Jay said:
I was on ET STREETS. I am working on the launch right now. I am either bogging or blowing the tires off. I ran the 142 @ 15psi. I turned it up to 18psi and the car went sideways about 1000 feet down track. The car still went 130 on that pass. By sideways I mean out off shape enough to kiss the center line. The track was horrible. BUt it was a "STREET" car night so it was kind of expected.

I was hoping to run 150+ and low 10s/ high 9s but there was no way on that track.

I will try again this weekend if I have time to go back.
Jesus.

150+ MPH may even get you into the 8.95x-8.99x range if you can get the car to hook up.

That's flying.

Joe

Et is all in the 60ft. My best was a 1.75.

Remember that this is a street car. Koni yellows, stiff springs, sway bars. Not really ment to go drag racing. If the car runs a 9 it will be a miracle. It weighs 3800#s.