MAF question/situation

:shrug: If this is in the wrong section then I will say sorry now.:shrug:

Situation is, that I have a brand new Granatele MAF sensor. I got it for real cheap. It was going to go on a 92LX that I sold for the guy, and this was not installed yet. It was not installed because the installer told him it would not fit??? Thats all he told me. So I went on and researched it. The part come from Sumitt. I called them and gave them this guys info and they found the order with that part. The order also had a X-pipe and throttle body. Thats another story. Anyway I went to install it this weekend and found that the tube coming from my throttle body to the sensor is to small. It went right into the housing of the sensor, when it should go over so you can tighten the clamp. Talked to Granatele and was told by them that I needed an adapter to fit my hose, sounded simple. Talked to people locally here and was told to get a pipe for better fit, pipe is about $100. Or go to hardware place and get a silicone pc to fit.
My delima is that I am being told the difference this sensor will make will be minimal, unless I plan on changing the TBI as well. Well I dont plan on doing that no time soon. My money instead is being saved for a good paint job.
Should I just sell this thing or what?? Like I said its brand new.
Do any of you guys have a use for this?? Or should I get the extra piece and install it anyway???
Here is the link to the part from Summit.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=GRN-75935019-00C&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

• Sponsors (?)