MAF question

On the granatelli web page it says that the ford mass air sensors have the capability to compensate for fuel injector changes. Suposedly this is only offered by granatelli ford sensors? Anyone herd of this? Can I use 24#injectors with my 19# MAF?

• Sponsors (?)

I never heard of this, but what do I know? From what I've understood, the mass air sensor has to be calibrated for the specific size injector being used. C&L does this with different sized tubes in their MAF, Pro M's are calibrated at the factory. No point in debating which method is better. As for the Ford sensors calibrating themselves, I can't see how this could happen automatically without some kind electonic changes, programming and whatnot.

I agree with Black Sun 5.0. The MAF and injectors must match, or you have to have an additional device between the MAF & computer to make them match.

Pro-M has a box that supposedly allows you to mis-match injectors and MAFs, but I haven't heard from anyone who has one.

I've been doing a lot of searching on this topic since my car has 24# injectors and is suffering from spuddering when I try to give it some gas. I've come to the conclusion that my MAF may not be calibrated for the bigger injectors. So I'm thinking about ordering the C&L unit which is calibrated for the 24# injectors in hopes that will solve my problem.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=CL-119A 1&comp=LRS

87gtguy said:
On the granatelli web page it says that the ford mass air sensors have the capability to compensate for fuel injector changes. Suposedly this is only offered by granatelli ford sensors? Anyone herd of this? Can I use 24#injectors with my 19# MAF?

I would be interested in seeing the exact verbage Granatelli uses.
Can you post a link?

A Ford MAS is what it is. It will be for a very specific combination of computer and MAF tube.
The only way to make a Ford MAS 'adjustable' to different injectors is to electronically recalibrate its output.
This is the only thing that makes sense to me, given what you have described.

A stock Ford MAF/MAS is calibrated to the computer, not injector size.
Only aftermarket MAF/MAS setups are calibrated to injector/computer combinations.

jason