Maf

SaleenClone3

Dec 20, 2003
I'm totally new to this messageboard, and to the whole mustang scene. I'm just wondering what the MAF is/what is does/if it increases horsepower. I would like as much information about that and its relation to the CAI (i want a densecharger) Also, I was wondering if $250 for this full length densecharger & MAF is a good price/deal?

Thanks Guys/Gals
JT

• Sponsors (?)

Your maf tells your computer how much air is flowing to your engine. I wouldnt really pay for a new maf unless u have a Supercharger or Nitrous.

Ive heard people say they gained some HP from one but ive never seen it myself..Save the $$ from the maf and buy something else..but the full length demolet is a nice CAI

he speaks the truth...... You don't need a new MAF until you do other stuff to the engine. Like in my scenario, I got the Pro-M Univer. MAF. It samples air from 360* and costs more than all of the others that I have seen. The stock MAF does just fine, even in most blown applications.

98CobraClone said:
he speaks the truth...... You don't need a new MAF until you do other stuff to the engine. Like in my scenario, I got the Pro-M Univer. MAF. It samples air from 360* and costs more than all of the others that I have seen. The stock MAF does just fine, even in most blown applications.

Thanks Guys, I think I'm going to buy the full lengh densecharger.