Magnaflow High Flow Cats: it's smog legal according to the box,but does it pass smog

Seraphitia102

will post boobie pics for a supercharger
Oct 11, 2004
California
Okay, I went to Super Autobacs to see a box of catalytic converters that say "high flow" and "smog legal." Anyone know anything about this? Even if it's smog legal, does it pass smog? And will it make your exhaust noticeable louder?

• Sponsors (?)

yep in cali, it wont pass. ....which kinda defeats the purpose of getting a catted x....thats why i just went offroad.

its illegal to touch that stock midpipe unless its damaged in some way preventing it from working properly or destroyed...and even then, you cant replace it with an aftermarket midpipe with hi flow cats because it wont pass smog.

squares98 said:
it is illegeal to mod your stock mid pipe. The complete Magnaflow x pipe is cheap through partshopper.

btw, quit shopping at super autobacs, you drive a ford.
ever wonder why they allow the sale of aftermarket mid-pipes knowing full well most of them being sold arent for off-road use? silly gov't.

yeah they'll make a difference, but you live in a communist state, so you'll probably fail emissions. i dont know really, ask some fellow commies. (just busting your balls guys, dont take it personal ;) )

TrueBlue03 said:
yep in cali, it wont pass. ....which kinda defeats the purpose of getting a catted x....thats why i just went offroad.

its illegal to touch that stock midpipe unless its damaged in some way preventing it from working properly or destroyed...and even then, you cant replace it with an aftermarket midpipe with hi flow cats because it wont pass smog.

u mean only in Cali its illegal to touch the midpipe right?

Seraphitia102,
My stang passed a smog test in CA when I was stationed there. I have the catted Magnaflow X-pipe and Magnapacks and it passed the smog check with ease. However, the tech told me my car would fail the visual if I planned on registering it in Cali. I currently have a MA reg.

damn. i want a louder sounding car lol. yes, when I was living in Japan, I went to autobacs. Now they have a Super Autobacs here in Stanton, California. They may be primarily a shop for rice cars, but they sell lots of Mustang stuff including handheld tuners to Saleen 3V Superchargers

Seraphitia102 said:
damn. i want a louder sounding car lol. yes, when I was living in Japan, I went to autobacs. Now they have a Super Autobacs here in Stanton, California. They may be primarily a shop for rice cars, but they sell lots of Mustang stuff including handheld tuners to Saleen 3V Superchargers

Well, You can always swap OEM H back on when your inspection is do...