Magnapack installed

I installed my magnapacks lasts night, well at least the axlebacks. I am using the stock H-pipe for now. I might install the midpipe this weekend. With out a lift, install was somewhat a PITA. Since I couldn't loosen the midpipe, getting the axlebacks on was a hassle. The sound is awesome. :drool:Deeper and throater than my JBAs but I don't think the magnapacks are as load, but that may because they are not broken in yet. Drone/resonance is not as bad as I thought. My Flow 40series was worse.

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet! You did the muffler swap with the car on the ground or with ramps?

A buddy of mine has the Magnapacks as well. When he was running just those, I loved the sound as it was very deep. Now he has long tubes and catted X pipe with the Magnapacks and it sounds really raspy and ricey from outside, but sounds pretty damn good riding in the car:shrug:

That must have been quite the chore doing the install with the car on the ground! I'm not a big guy by any means and I can barely squeeze under there since its been lowered!!!!!

I was able to get my SLP LMs on laying on my back with the car sitting on the ground. It wasn't that fun and I'm a small guy. I'd recommend just blocking the front tires and jacking up the rear. Anyways, glad you like them. I love them. I wouldn't mind them if they were a tad louder but I'm thinking my best bet is to just wait until get headers. I wish I could find someone local with them and a O/R X Pipe ...

That is a nice site! Always nice to see the system you installed rated nicely...

"As for the sound, Borla hit the mark perfectly. We thought they captured the “Mustang” sound the best out of all the systems, with a deep, aggressive rumble in the mid and high rpm range. There was a small amount of resonance in the lower range under load, but enough throttle turned it quickly into a sweet, sweet sound."

Sucks the Steeda isn't on there. Think Borla only a tad deeper. That's what I got and it's great. I almost hate to put some midpipes and ruin the sound but I do want better flow and performance ultimately leading to LT headers. Dunno what to pick at this point to get that going. I was thinking SLP modular to save some bucks in the long run but I hear X-pipes have a tendency of tuning out the deepness of stingers and adding raspyness.

Sucks the Steeda isn't on there. Think Borla only a tad deeper. That's what I got and it's great. I almost hate to put some midpipes and ruin the sound but I do want better flow and performance ultimately leading to LT headers. Dunno what to pick at this point to get that going. I was thinking SLP modular to save some bucks in the long run but I hear X-pipes have a tendency of tuning out the deepness of stingers and adding raspyness.

IMO, sometimes a little raspiness can be good. Many of the old-school/classic muscle cars had some raspiness.

well it's all a matter of taste really. I don't much care for it I had a lot of people compliment my car as to how it sounds saying its pretty unique. I'm thinking prochamber is the best of both worlds in this case.

I have the magnaflow catted x with my steeda axlebacks and I LOVE the sound. Still VERY deep but a little louder and a great tone at Wot. Not raspy at all

I have the magnaflow catted x with my steeda axlebacks and I LOVE the sound. Still VERY deep but a little louder and a great tone at Wot. Not raspy at all

Did that take care of some of the drone? I was considering one of those since a buddy of mine has a muffler shop and is a Magnaflow retailer so he could probably cut me a good deal. Or else I'd have him weld me some magnaflow high efficiency cats on a prochamber and call it a day.

Anyways let me know about that drone.

The catback might have helped a little, but honesty the drone is not that bad. Five days a week I do 90-95% hwy driving and having 4.10s help stay out of the drone zone. Riding around tone I will purposely go into the drone zone, but it's not nearly as noticable as my flow 40 series.

For those who have magnapacks, have you noticed an increase in performance? I know that catback systems are supposed to only give minimal gains. Magnaflow claims the Magnapacks increase hp by 11 or so and tq by 15 or so. I think my car feels more responsive since installing the magnapacks.