magnapacks or borla stingers

which one do you peeps prefer....i'm on the hunt for a new sound. A BETTER SOUND, A LOUDER SOUND, but still cheap. that is why i'm just purchasing the mufflers and welding them into my current setup...o/r h, stock flow tubes and tail pipes.

help me out people!

-Gus

• Sponsors (?)

l have to say borla stingers...
hows that for honest? lol i got the packs but i admit they're extremely poppy with any offroad midpipe. i've been thinkin about switchin from the packs to stingers actually. :D

my bro had them on his mach and we drove each others cars often. the two are very comparable in volume but stingers have more tone. the stingers do drone tho... that may be a factor for you to think about...it didnt bother me tho. im used to loud cars!

im curious now.....where are you buying the mufflers alone from?

For once, I would'nt recommend the 'Packs if you have an off road pipe. That will sound rediculous I think. But if you were catted I would recommend them. People drool at the sound of my Mach with the 'Packs.

a buddy cut them off his cat back system and is selling them to me that way...i'm fine with that, as i prefer weld-ins anyway. and i'll be able to keep my stock ss pipes with the borla sound this way. i've thought about it, and if they aren't loud enough for me i'm just going to put dumps on them and take the tail pipes off. i think i like the tone of the Borla better than the magnapacks too. thanks alot guys!

TrueBlue03 said:
l have to say borla stingers...
hows that for honest? lol i got the packs but i admit they're extremely poppy with any offroad midpipe. i've been thinkin about switchin from the packs to stingers actually. :D

my bro had them on his mach and we drove each others cars often. the two are very comparable in volume but stingers have more tone. the stingers do drone tho... that may be a factor for you to think about...it didnt bother me tho. im used to loud cars!

Stingers on a Mach/4V :drool: :hail2:

My favorite exhaust setup on a 4V would be the Borla Stingers with Bassani O/R X-pipe.. SOOOO friggin loud and just sounds so damn good! :hail2:

Ive got the stingers on my car. I really like how they sound and i chose them because of the fact that they dont pop like crazy. With an o/r pipe though they will pop alot more. Havent heard packs with an o/r pipe so i cant compare to them but with cats the stingers definately have more tone then the packs.

As far as drone goes i havent noticed any. Granted im not exactly sure what it sounds like, but when im on the highway cruising at 75 they are pretty quiet untill you start accellerating.

Ive heard a few clips with stingers paired with a catted mrt h and it sounds awesome.

Can anyone put an audio link up to a Borla sound clip...?

I have packs and based on what I heard on exhaust sites I went with the packs for now. I like the muscle car rumble and the "letting off the throttle" deep rumble and popping... Let's you know someone had to "get off it..." <*******> (reference to my daily drive... :D )

I can't wait till Colorado lifts their smog tests cause I'm going cat-less "H" pipe for that 70's kick ass sound... :SNSign: