Magnum 500's look perfect on a II!!

• Sponsors (?)

Son of a guy that ran a salvage yard had a black Cobra with Magnums way back in about '83. Looked sharp.

Nice car in the link, but I'm not too crazy about the white face gauges. Personally I think they're harder to read, but to each their own.

Long time no see, J. Been pretty dead in here the last year or more.

Thanks for posting that! I've been playing around with the same idea for some time now. My friends dad had a set of those wheel he said I could have if I wanted them, but I wasn't sure what is would look like. I have and like the "outlaw II's" I have on it now but I think those wheels look more original and fit the car better.

Tim

Son of a guy that ran a salvage yard had a black Cobra with Magnums way back in about '83. Looked sharp.

Nice car in the link, but I'm not too crazy about the white face gauges. Personally I think they're harder to read, but to each their own.

Long time no see, J. Been pretty dead in here the last year or more.

All my ducks are in a row finnaly, I can start to play with the Mach again. I was dismantling cars at a local wrecker for work. I broke my wrist in a mountain bike mishap and that forced a quicky career change. I worked at nearly every parts store and speed shop in Ontario before I lucked-out and got a job at the speed shop I used to work for years ago. (in my home town) I am so glad to be back, this time I will not leave no matter how much some ya-who offers me to leave!!!
This week-end a guy is buying my 1997 Lada Niva 4x4. I am going to sink all the money back into the II. I will take many photos and post them up A.S.A.P!!

What have you dudes and chicklets been up to????

You would think that there would be a lot of those wheels still in circulation. Were they not the standard 14" x 6" wide styled steel with the trim rings that were available on the 76 cougars as well as the mavericks and granadas. I would think that it may be tricky to get the deep trim rings that are in the condition that these are.

You would think that there would be a lot of those wheels still in circulation. Were they not the standard 14" x 6" wide styled steel with the trim rings that were available on the 76 cougars as well as the mavericks and granadas. I would think that it may be tricky to get the deep trim rings that are in the condition that these are.

Many Fords and Mercurys had these wheels. I am going to buy new Chrome 15x7's for mine. Mustangs unlimited has every style and size you can think of! Painted Magnums with trim rings are hard to find, but the all chrome ones are cheap and chrome is easy to take care of (on wheels at least!)

those are factory mustang II steel rims... they came stock on my 78.
they are 13by5.5 in rims. i painted all except the sm. section
that is raised to make it look like the 500.

The wheels that are on that car aren't the factory wheels. (note the 5 bolt pattern) The set I'm getting are off a Merc. Monarch. They are gold and black to match that car but I'm planning on blasting them anyways. Frpm what I've been able to find they are 14x7, which isn't to bad. But you are right about finding the deep stainlees rings in that good of condition. I'll be seaching that's for sure.

Tim

Those are not Magnum 500s, they are the Ford Rallye wheels, that came on a lot of mid 70s cars (as previously mentioned). Same basic look, just painted, not chrome. Those wheels are 14", which should be perfect for the II.

On a related subject..... We all love the aluminum slot wheels, but most people desire something larger than 13". Ford promoted the "Stallion" series of Mustang, Pinto, and Mavrick. The Mavrick had 14" 5 lug versions of the factory slots. But I have never seen them. That would be a killer rim upgrade, but I've never seen them for sale.

roundup200213.jpg

73 Mustang also had forged slots as an option. I see a few on ebay from time to time, usually not full sets (beat up pair on this week).I seem to recall that a decent (not show) set brought over $1000 a couple years back.

I would like to find a set of 14x7 slots for the red stripe car, but not having much luck. Plenty (relatively speaking) of 4x4.5, but 4x4.25 seems pretty tough to find. I guess a guy could always have a machine shop "unilug" them.

The Granda/Monarch also had a 5 bolt 14" version of the "Lacey Spoke" wheels as well. All the ones I've seen have the "red star burst" in the center. They look to be too much work to keep clean.. LOL I really like the styled steel wheel as they look nice and aren't as "flashy" the car is bright enough the wheels don't need to be bright to.

Tim

I like the Centerline look as shown below. These are 14X7 's...

PS I have an extra set, with tires I'd be willing to part with if anyone is interested. (New Condition)See my listing in the for sale topic.

715013_14_full.jpg

To me, the Magnums and Cragars always just screamed "chevy" at me. Never much liked 'em. Sweet Maverick Stallion, though, and the 5-slots look WAAYYYY better, IMO...:D

Except that Chevy never used the Magnums ;). They were Ford and Mopar only.

GM did have several versions of Rallye wheel though, which looked like Magnums.

Ford SHOULD have done a 5 lug setup on the V8 IIs (like they did on the early Mustang). That would have helped set apart the MII from the Pinto a little more.