Major shake at around 65-70 on 2000 mustang V6

Lawdawg86

Sep 30, 2020
Arkansas
So I got everything all the bugs fixed on this old car, but one thing it needed when I got it was new tires since the old ones were dry rotted from sitting so long. I got new tires put on, and anything around 65-70 and the whole car shakes. I had the wheels balanced when I got them but (not to knock a lady) the person who put them on for me doesn’t do tires and has only watched her old dad. I told her I would do them for her but she said “no I got it, I come down here every once in a while to do customers cars”. I’m just not sure if it’s the wheels not being balanced right or something else. If it didn’t have this problem I could drive down the interstate with it, but can’t get up to speed to even do that. Has anyone had this happen before, and what was it? I thought maybe driveshaft but it only does it at higher speeds, and I can really get on it before I get up to speed and don’t notice it. I’m hoping it’s just the wheels that need balanced, cause I’m on disability and only get paid once a month and literally got raped on a clutch install last week. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors(?)

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I've had it happen before. Got new tires, and they vibrated. Went right back to the tire shop and they redid them and problem solved.

Reactions: Lawdawg86

Lawdawg86

Sep 30, 2020
Arkansas
I’m going to do that when I get paid again. Freaking disability, I’m sick of getting paid every month. I hate it that the shop that put them on didn’t balance them right the first time. Hell ive done better on an old bubble balancer I used to own. I’m hoping and praying that’s it. I’ve got another problem I’ll be posting shortly.