Make your own remote starter.

Learned this from a old school mechanic today: Hook a wire(alligator clips work well)to the big post that the + battery cable hooks to on the solenoid & other end of the wire to a toggle switch. Hook another wire to the small post on the solenoid closest to the "+" cable and run that wire to the other post on the toggle switch. Make sure key is on and hit the remote switch. If its a lock on type switch when the engine starts you have to click it to "off" manually to disengage the starter. A spring loaded push button this work better.
If you heard of this already sorry to waste your time.I guess its kinda like arcing across with a pair of pliers with a more little control.

• Sponsors (?)

akd67 said:
No. If the key isnt on the engine will die as soon as you disengage the starter. Dont ask me how i know this. :bang: :rlaugh:

Well, without the keys in the ignition, all I've ever had it do was just crank over. This is the method I've used in adjusting the valves, bumping the starter to turn the motor over. Most of my buddys have a remote starter button mounted to the firewall of their drag cars.

If you want to start and run your car without a key, you will also need to run a toggle switch to your ignition (along with a remote starter switch). Cruise down the road and turn your car off while driving. It dies, becaus the ignition is no longer getting any juice and not creating any spark.

Call me crazy...but I just use my key.