Black or clear anodizing?

• Black

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Clear

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Customize a standard ball?

Great, it's definitely sold to me. I just wish there would be a natural aluminum 6spd knob for the icing on the cake. I have only found 3/8" threads :bang:

You might ask the mfg if the Aluminum ball has a thread insert. If it doesn't get a thread insert kit with the correct threads. If it does, remove the thread insert and install one with correct threads? Or talk to the Mfg and see if they can make you up one with the correct threads.
Good luck! I think that would make an awesome looking combination in your car.

This is a great alternative to some of the other shifter handles out there. I was strongly considering the STE one until I ran into this thread. Do you have any pics of the black anodized handle? Or did I miss that in the thread? Also, excuse my ignorance, but what center console is that and where can I order one? The combo of that console and the shifter is among the best that I have seen and would love to have that in my 67 coupe.
-Edgar

Got the black ano ones back and they look awesome. They are glossy since I had them anodized over the polished finish. I'm attaching more pics of the polished ones as well. These things are hard to photograph since they're so shiny!

2_blk-wht_sm.jpg

2_pol-blk_sm.jpg

4_pol_blk-blk_sm.jpg

4_pol_blk-wht_sm.jpg

Attachments

• 2_blk-wht_sm.jpg
    2_blk-wht_sm.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 4_pol_blk-blk_sm.jpg
    4_pol_blk-blk_sm.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 2_pol-blk_sm.jpg
    2_pol-blk_sm.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 4_pol_blk-wht_sm.jpg
    4_pol_blk-wht_sm.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 72
Lots of ricer parts there. Nismo is Nissan's factory aftermarket. I've driven cars that had those straight type shift knobs and I really didn't like them. A ball is the way to go IMO. I've never driven a T handle but I'm willing to give one a shot.

I've never been a big fan of the ball shifters so I'm going to give this one a whirl, it reminds me of the shifter on my old MR2 which I really liked. If it doesn't work I'm going to go back to a T-Handle.
0186.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• 0186.jpg
    0186.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 77
I'm having the shifters that I had made for the project cars produced to sell. They're machined from billet aluminum and are shaped to bring the knob up and back where you want it to be after your T-5 swap. They'll be anodized for a durable finish and therein lies the question. Would you prefer black or clear ano? The clear would have a satin aluminum look, but I think the black would look bad ass. I'll probably make both, but which do you prefer?

EDIT: I'm talking about the shifter lever, not the whole shifter assembly.

0238.jpg

0186.jpg

where can i buy that console in the pic i have looked everywhere.thanks javed

Attachments

• 0186.jpg
    0186.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 0238.jpg
    0238.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 79
Here are before and after pics of my install. The reach is much better and the shifter looks awesome.
Picture021.jpg
Picture007.jpg

Once I get the car put together 100% and painted I'll post some more pics.

Attachments

• Picture007.jpg
    Picture007.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture021.jpg
    Picture021.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 107