Making exhaust louder...

Lokker

Jun 8, 2006
Kentucky
I put on dual flowmasters a few weeks ago and it just isn't loud enough for my taste. What mods would you guys suggest to make the ehxaust louder? Also I was thinking of getting headers because I heard they help make exhaust louder but I'm not sure if I should get short tub or long tube. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you want like- ****ty loud? I'm working on a clip ... give me 30 minutes.

Edit: Perhaps more like an hour and a half to an hour and forty-five minutes.

Edit 2: You know what... streetfire sucks- yall will wait until tomorrow- like there are actually people waiting.

Taa Daa...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e2f100eb-ebac-4918-aca0-98480003b057.htm

Excuse the ****ty revving, I really had no idea what I was doing. Also, notice how the engine revved everytime I pushed the clutch in, that was due to the lack of backpressure. I do understand to let my foot off of the gas pedal before I press the clutch in. I really don't know about many other exhausts or what sounds good and doesn't any more. This just sucked because of loss of tq and ****ty noise. Not to mention, I could not play at all with the gas without getting attention, which I don't like.

wow that clip sound sucked bad rite above me ^^^ and red reving it up to redline so it sounds makes it worse...if your gona rev do it to like 3500 or the best point b4 the whole giving out starts at redline...idk what exhaust that was but dont get wat he has.......best thing.....Longtubes with a Xpipe (offroad if possible) then some flowmasters turndown at the middle of the car...thats the loudest you prolly will hear a six other then open headers...idk how good its gona side but I've been thinkin about trying it but with short headers.........otherwise flowmaster catback with x pipe and long tubes with no turndowns to be on the safe side sounding good

p.s. 3.8L V-tec 6 cyl ? you better be joking with that even so its pretty gay...and clear lights in the back ? change those headlights in the front for some 01-04's and keep the rear the same dont get rice lights in the back.......maybe projectors in the front thats about it

RED98 said:
I thought the same thing when I got my Flowmasters, but just wait, get a few hundred miles on them, and I swear they get louder. Listen to the sound clip in my garage.. in fact here you go right here..

http://media.putfile.com/Bigun

Crank up your speakers and give it a listen.. they were not that loud when I first got them on.

You are correct sir, Flowmasters sound better with age.

Seriously- everybody on here that knows me knows I am the last person on earth to have euros. My car is an 03- why would I need 01-04 (considering the lights changed in 03) headlights- I already have them. And no, if you don't like euros how the hell do you like projectors on a Mustang? Thank you for being another stupid V6 owner and thinking you are the ****.

hint- my gay ass name is 03V6, so it really makes sense that you'd think my car is a 99-00.

I think the Vtec comment was towards Lokker since his sig picture says he has a Vtec V6. But I haven't been able to figure out the altezza comment yet.

I think some of that "OMG RICER! You're ghey!" attitude has also aided in the dying of these forums. Over on the turbostang forums, there's a guy with a black widow body kit, but has a tt windsor that pushes over 800 horses. He might have a rice body kit, but he'll make alot of cars look like hybrids.

03v6 said:
Okay, the first damn thing i said was excuse the bad revving. Also, ponypackage, what are you talking about? Vtec? Clear lights? You are a dumbass.

Dude chill, I know you apologized for the bad reving I'm just saying your exhaust in the video probably would have not sound as bad as you are stating it to be if you would have rev'd it alot nicer than you did. But even with that said, it does/did sound like crap and I'm glad you changed it. I would recommend getting a MAC exhaust which will make your car sound alot nicer than that for a V6. Heck even my GT takeoffs on my V6 sounded pretty good on a V6.

The headlights changed in 03? Hum....didn't know that, thought it was just changed in 01 to the tint.

AP1995V6 said:
I think some of that "OMG RICER! You're ghey!" attitude has also aided in the dying of these forums

Yeah I can remember about 3-5 years ago when the V6 Forum was actually a pretty decent board, unfortunately it really hasn't lately...and most of the people back then either have different cars or just don't surf these forums anymore. I'm going to be on these forums alittle more, because I do have respect for V6 owners and I'm pretty helpful.

wow chill out man ... now if u used common sense and some reading abilities then you see like he said it was to lokker now im sure he's prolly joking but just wanted to see if he was....just giving some of my 2cents thats all not that it matters overall....so chill out man and i think i no alot more then some of these guys who think an exhaust and CAI makes their car the **** not meaning this toward u... end of round Winner

guys who think an exhaust and CAI makes their car the ****

Truth to the statement. Aim to balance the sound of your car with its power. In other words, are you shooting for a loud sounding car to give the (false) impression that you are driving a beast? IMO the sound should be consistent with what your car can really put out... otherwise you'll be no better than a beat up '86 Chevy Celebrity where the muffler has fallen off.

:banana: