man this sn95 rear seat install is a pain in the (@$

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
ive been cutting foam and looking and measuring and the fit still seems crappy...ive pushed and pulled on the metal frame to try to do some adjustments to make it more like the factory seat but i think all ive done is make it worse...how much do you think it would cost to just have my factory seats recovrered to look like my 2000 gt seats? or any tips suggestions to get this to fit easier? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I think newer rear seats only fit in notchbacks.
Recovering seats is generally pretty expensive.
I'd expect to pay at least $400 to have it done.

is this a hatchback your putting them into?

there is some great right ups on the c or ral forum. i believe a guy even did it with a hatch iirc.

i put them in my notch. i spent a total of 2 hours i think doing front and rear seats.

oh i thought that word was censored here.

no i dont have a link anymore. i was searching for "sn95 seat install" if i recall. i believe the guy posts on this forum too, who did the hatch install. he has over 300k on the car?

someone should know his username. i know its listed in his sig, i think it says 297'000+ mile daily driver. i remember weird crap like that, lol.

I did, setbacks are easy.

Seat bottom requires custom brackets. Unfortunately, I didn't go too crazy. Nobody will ever sit in my rear seat so I just made something to support the carpet and make it look good. I did not remove any foam. My rear seat is strictly for show

Trbkrb is the one who did the fully functional rear seat swap. Search his name here and on corral

cool thanks i really appreciate it...i am still looking into having my stock fox seats redone to match the fronts...not sure yet though...i will post updates...thanks again