manually drive automatic?

bigjock

Apr 28, 2009
Hey guys im new to this website and i wanted to know if i can drive my automatic 2000 mustang v6 manually. I search the web but it just talks about shifting down. and will it mess up the tranny?

• Sponsors (?)

i do it when i race, i pull it down to 1st. rev it up to 1500 with the brake on then floor it. If you shift into 2nd just before redline, the tires will spin so be careful

They make manual valve bodies to do just what you're saying. The difference between having a manual valve body and just shifting it down to 1 is big. My auto shifts harder than a manual. I have a Manual valve body. Thats why people build up AOD/AODE/C4/C6/PowerGlide. A Valve body designed to shift manually will always shift better and firmer than trying to manually override your Factory Auto.

They make manual valve bodies to do just what you're saying. The difference between having a manual valve body and just shifting it down to 1 is big. My auto shifts harder than a manual. I have a Manual valve body. Thats why people build up AOD/AODE/C4/C6/PowerGlide. A Valve body designed to shift manually will always shift better and firmer than trying to manually override your Factory Auto.

+1

I was about to say manual valve body.I have seen those for 5.0 Foxes also.I would like to know how that manual shifting would even work on an AOD.It only has 1-D-OD-N-R-P .No low 2nd like the 2.3 tranny has.