Mass air connected, Car dies. Disconnected, Car runs???!?

As montioned before DO NOT plug in the MAF while the engine is running. It can kill the sensor and can damage the ECC, however it's your ride so you be the judge.

Reset the ECC by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes. When you get it back to default settings then check the TPS and pull codes. Then it will be easier to help you.

• Sponsors (?)

Well a new/used MAF did the trick!! :nice: She fired and kinda choked a bit, but then the idle smoothed right out!!! :banana:

Drove her to the gas station, filled up, and what do you know? Leaking gas out of the filler neck!! :mad: I'll just keep a half tank in her for the time being :nice:

Finally someone on stangnet with some sense.
Get the car right first, then mod.
Congrats on fixing it.

Thanks man! :)

I've had all different types of stangs, from mild to wild. Once I started messing with cams, and different this, and setting that,, the all went to crap. Bad drivability, stalling issues, hot start problems, so on and so fourth. I wanted this car to be STOCK with some exhaust, so that it's reliable, and i could take it on long ass road trips. heck if i wanted to blast out to Texas or something, i'd want to be able to jump in, and take off! :nice:

Thanks man! :)

I've had all different types of stangs, from mild to wild. Once I started messing with cams, and different this, and setting that,, the all went to crap. Bad drivability, stalling issues, hot start problems, so on and so fourth. I wanted this car to be STOCK with some exhaust, so that it's reliable, and i could take it on long ass road trips. heck if i wanted to blast out to Texas or something, i'd want to be able to jump in, and take off! :nice:

That's exactly why I kept my 91 stockish. Just CAI, 3.73, and exhaust. Reliable street cruiser that look nice as hell.

Reactions: 1 user