Mass Air Conversion help...

Black-Fifty

Dec 7, 2005
Hey all, as you all know im the new guy, and im having a problem.

My car isnt running too well with my new head and intake swap. I baught a
A9S computer and MaF Sensor, anyone have the instructions on how to do this? Or can anyone give me some tips?
- Thanks
,Black

• Sponsors (?)

You'll need the maf harness. Mine came from IST through Muscle Motors on ebay. The harness kit will have the instructions. Also there is a tech article on this site as well as the corral. I didn't see a cam change in your signature. What exactly isn't running right?

This is what I used when I did mine on my 88 GT. It worked just fine.
scan.jpg

you can get the granatelli harness from jegs or directly from granatelli for 79.00. it is what i used. also make sure you disconnect the vacuum line from the map/bap sensor and plug the line but keep the map/bap sensor vacuum line unplugged but do not disconnect the wires from it.

I converted my 88 to Mass Air using these step by step instructions.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I think their should be a Mass Air Converison Sticky thread...

hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 63
MASS air conversion instructions from http://www.stangnet.com/tech/maf/massairconversion.html FREE
A9L (5 Speed) computer from junkyard $100-$150
A9P (Auto or in a pinch, 5 Speed) computer from junkyard $100-$150
70MM MAF from 94-95 Mustang GT - $40-$70
MASS Air wiring harness kit $30-$85

The whole thing is probably less than $300 using junkyard parts.

A9L computers are 5 speed only
A9P computers are automatic , but will work with a 5 speed.

my instructiosn didn't say anything about moving pins around, just plugging your four new ones (jegs harness) into the correct pin holes - but it was a hard ass job - when you are feeding it through the firewall, use that gromet thats already there, and reach behind the heater core (i believe) and its behind it, not on the side of it like youd think -

Black-Fifty said:
Feels like its flooding like getting too much fuel. The reason I want to switch to MAF is because im saving up for a Supercharger and want it running right.
my speed density car did the same thing after the 331 stroker....i just threw a carb on it haha

Black-Fifty said:
So will my A9S computer work?
Only as long as you are in Califorina - drive across the state line and it quits...:D

The A9S was the Cali smog computer. It will work OK for a Mass Air Conversion.