mass people what are your winter projects

Hey Pete, I'm going up to test n' tune sunday (tomorrow) as well. You'll have to stop by my spot for a burger lol. No messing around this year...got a nice easy up canopy, chairs, and a grill lol. So if you want to get out of the sun, come find us. We have a white F-350 with and open trailer and of course my blue notch. Hope to see you there...and good luck getting the car ready!
-John

• Sponsors (?)

ImportEater98 said:
Hey Pete, I'm going up to test n' tune sunday (tomorrow) as well. You'll have to stop by my spot for a burger lol. No messing around this year...got a nice easy up canopy, chairs, and a grill lol. So if you want to get out of the sun, come find us. We have a white F-350 with and open trailer and of course my blue notch. Hope to see you there...and good luck getting the car ready!
-John

John,

We'll come and find you when we go up. Mine SHOULD be ready as long as we don't run into any problems. We usually hang out right behind the building that has the bathrooms. That's because we don't like walking all the way through the parking lot in order to get food, use the restrooms, or waiting in line for the staging lanes. How often do you go up there? Due to the amount of money that I've spent on the car this year, I don't think I'll be able to go up there until Fun Ford Weekend. Are you going that weekend too?

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just finished spraying the engine bay,
since iam gonna paint the whole car next winter i decided to paint the bay the future color 97 cobra rio red painted it today and starting tommorow the reassembly begins shooting to have the engine back together and in the car by sat night. by the way any one know where i car motor mounts quick?

Got motor mounts at NAPA in stock a while back. Good to hear the car is coming together well. I did the same thing this year...I jambed everything the shadow gray so this coming winter i can shoot the outside.....it looks a bit silly now, but it will all be good next spring. Heres a shot of the car.....
0521DML_4685.jpg

Attachments

• 0521DML_4685.jpg
    0521DML_4685.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 28
Well the car is running strong...all set to try out the nitrous, but every weekend in Massachusetts rains....so i haven't been to the track in almost 6 weeks now :nonono:

I did however purchase a brand new 20' Haulmark enclosed trailer this week! It is truly top of the line! I will post pics of it soon. Hope all is well with everyone else!
~John

It's cool that you guys are making the cars into what you want them to be. Mine is finally back up and running as good as it was previously. Of course, it took two sets of head gaskets, two camshaft/lifter sets, and 3 new valves and pushrods. It's been a long winter but I'm back to burning rubber!

It's cool that you guys are making the cars into what you want them to be. Mine is finally back up and running as good as it was previously. Of course, it took two sets of head gaskets, two camshaft/lifter sets, and 3 new valves and pushrods. It's been a long winter but I'm back to burning rubber! I actually get better oil pressure now than I did before the head gasket and cams went south.

SHE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!! fired her for the first time today and she sounds GOOD! we had a small idle issue at first but we worked it out and tommorow is her maiden voyage. all i got left to do tommorow is set the ride height on the front coilovers bleed the brakes and register it and ill be cruising. so what do you guys think about sams club next sunday if the weather is nice?

actually i'm heading up to the dragway both saturday and sunday this weekend....not to mention the only car i can bring to sam's is my '78 buick regal....so if you don't mind a GM in the pack i'll join ya. If you want to head up to the dragway let me know, you can join us....i just picked up my brand new enclosed car trailer and i'm itching to try her out....check it out! Oh and congrats on the sucessfull start-up of the new mill!
View attachment 460070
View attachment 460072
View attachment 460074

well now i gotta replace my powersteering rack thing is leaking like a sieve, i mean i put fluid in it and a 1/4 mile down the road the pump is bone dry. so i gotta do that get an alignment(the whole replacing the entire front suspension thing kinda threw the line up off a bit), and saturday is my dyno day to figure out this stumble at wot, i still think its the tps. i dunno hope fully by sunday she is gonna be running tip top, it sounds good at idle and when you get into the gas gradually it runs like a scalded dog but if you just bury the gas it revs up and just stops reving like its on the rev limit. i dunno i hope its not something stupid.

Nice numbers! I'd love to head up with you but I can't. My daughter is having her birthday party tomorrow night and they'll be 6 eight year olds sleeping over. As much as I'd rather go racing, I don't feel comfortable having my wife take care of them by herself. I'll have to play Judge Judy tomorrow night (I'm sure they'll be issues between the girls.)

I also have to work Saturday so that'll be a long ride home on a worknight (2+ hours from the track to my house.)

Have fun! We'll hook up this year at some point.