Maximum Motorsports Caster Plates Must Buy!

aztecgwynn

Apr 3, 2015
a year ago had my car alignment done, well a few weeks ago saw the inner tread of my front tires were bald what a waste of $90.
I was forced to now buy caster camber kit from Maximum Motorsports. Had them installed a few days ago and now I recommend them to everyone regardless of having your fox body dropped or not. All I can say it sucks to pay $350 for new tires because my Orem caster plates have limited adjustment. Now the maximum plates are adjust car now is so smooth no vibrations anything it's like I'm in a new car.
Hopefully this changes some people's minds on doing this addition!

• Sponsors (?)

I agree MM cc plates offer additional adjustment, but why did you need it. Is your car lowered more than 1"? Change spindles or suspension geometry?
Reason I bought them was be cause a year ago my mustang had alignment done and alignment shop told me "we tried to get the caster right but we are limited with stock adjustment, but we recommend buying or adding caster camber plates" " But we tried to adjust as much as we could but it still may wear inside of tire" and car at stock ride height.
A year later I have no tire left it ate the crap out of them all bald on inside! My 93 is bone stock original owner never changed anything on car only bolt ons headers, exhaust, driveline, shifter, cold air!

Reason I bought them was be cause a year ago my mustang had alignment done and alignment shop told me "we tried to get the caster right but we are limited with stock adjustment, but we recommend buying or adding caster camber plates" " But we tried to adjust as much as we could but it still may wear inside of tire" and car at stock ride height.
A year later I have no tire left it ate the crap out of them all bald on inside! My 93 is bone stock original owner never changed anything on car only bolt ons headers, exhaust, driveline, shifter, cold air!

sounds like you need to take it to another shop. Wonder why Ford sold millions of these cars with the stock CC plates, and none of them had alignment issues? Either your car is tweaked or not running stock suspension. What are the specs on your alignment?

you may be right and thanks for reply but I also bought new in 1991 ford mustang LX coupe and had the same issues with alignment always eating away at inner side of tires! At this point i am just happy to resolve this issue and should of spent the $209 a lot sooner

Caster is front to back, so as long as they made it even with whatever side went back the least, I don't see how that could cause tire wear.

I have em and love them on my new set-up, My stock set-up always wore on the outside not the inside as you couldnt get enough negative camber, never heard of not enough positive camber on a fox, live and learn I guess.....