Maximum Motorsports Caster Plates on 98 Cobra

Boss4Dad

Nov 15, 2022
Peoria AZ
Hi all- new to this forum so thanks for reading this. I have a 98 Cobra which I lowered 1" on the Ford Performance (Eibach) springs. I installed the max motorsports camber plates, which I highly recommend BTW. Only 1 problem - on the drivers side, there is a hard metal power steering line in the way. I can't adjust the castor because the main plate can't move backwards (toward the rear). I've seen pics of other installs and it looks like they may have replaced that line with a soft line?

The 1st pic of of mine. The 2nd pic is of someone's elses but it looks like they removed this hard line and replaced it (look behind the strut bolt)

Any ideas are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-8587.jpg
    IMG-8587.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 63
  • FlxhI.jpg
    FlxhI.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 66
  • Sponsors (?)

The pic on the right is a 99-04 hydroboost setup, which uses a different fluid block and line setup compared to your 96-98 setup. So it's not that anyone replaced the line with a softline, but rather ford revised the plumbing on the 99+ cars and that line is the soft low-pressure return line, so that's how it comes.

Did you call MM? I've always found them to be very helpful with install questions like these, likely that they've answered it before on this model year. You can also email them the question with your pic.

Just looking at this again, I was wondering which orientation you installed the bearing plates in (Inboard/Negative or Outboard/Positive)? To me in your pic it looks like Outboard (Positive) vs. the other person's car is Inboard (Negative). If so, maybe you can flip the plates to the other side to put them in Inboard? It looks like you are at or close to the max camber setting for Outboard. If you switch to Inboard, you may be able to achieve the same setting with less overhang of the ear into the line? Not sure if that would give you any more freedom of the main plate to adjust the caster.

MM Caster/Camber Plates - 1994-04 (MMCC9994):

1669657774532.png