Maximum Motorsports guys, what box should I buy?

LarsD

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2002
Texas
I'm at a crossroads. My LX needs some work and I've got some money saved so I can do said work. The car has 150K miles on it (approx), the ball joints are worn out, the sway bar bushings are worn out, I'm sure the LCA bushings are worn out, and the shocks/struts are worn out, in short, the car handles like a shopping cart. So there are two routes I'm considering and I need to decide which one to take. Should I buy the Maximum Motorsports "Starter box", or the "Sport box"? If I buy the sport box I'm going to buy the extreme duty adjustable LCA to go with it (since I'd be so deep in the suspension, I wanted to get them done). My hesitation lies in the fact that if I go the sport box route, I will almost be tapped out (will be doing a five lug at the same time, so I gotta buy tires). If I go with the starter box, I get better springs/dampers, but not all the chassis stiffening parts I want, I'd have to add those later. Keep in mind, that the car is 98% street, with the rare trip to the drag strip (yes I know, I don't want drag suspension on a street car, I drive too aggressively for it).

Any opinions would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

If you do not mind adding parts later and you really need tires I would do the starter box and that way you can do all the necessary repairs add some goodies and still do the 5 lug swap.

max grip box :nice:
oh wait, honestly i would recommend the sport box and save up and do 5 lug with all the cobra goodies, then store it all on your shelves until you can do it all at once, sure it takes patience but in the end its waaaaay worth it, it took me about 6 months to gather all my suspension stuff, axle, spindles various MM goodies, but the install went so smooth it was waaaaaaay worth it

Well, I already have rims, 95GT spindles, brakes, ranger axles, and drums. I just need tires since my five lug rims are 17X8, and I'm running ponies right now. I think I might go with the starter box and sub frames, then add the other stuff as I go along. I really need to get in there and do the bushings/ball joints cause the car makes all kinds of ugly clunking noises when I'm trolling around parking lots.

Well, I already have rims, 95GT spindles, brakes, ranger axles, and drums. I just need tires since my five lug rims are 17X8, and I'm running ponies right now. I think I might go with the starter box and sub frames, then add the other stuff as I go along. I really need to get in there and do the bushings/ball joints cause the car makes all kinds of ugly clunking noises when I'm trolling around parking lots.

i understand the need to get **** done but it would make life so much easier if you didnt have to go back down there every month if you just waited an extra month to get parts, or **** get some used tires temporarily so you dont waste your pockets

i understand the need to get **** done but it would make life so much easier if you didnt have to go back down there every month if you just waited an extra month to get parts, or **** get some used tires temporarily so you dont waste your pockets

Well it shares daily duties with my WRX (that's due for a timing belt soon), so I can't have it down for too long. I'll do the Cobra brakes eventually, but it isn't real high on the list. I'm going to hit the major stuff and then move on. I'm only using overtime money to work on it and I'm about to be with out it for another two months. After the subs and starter box, I only plan to add a STB, LCA, and a pan hard bar.

remember the sport box is not intended for future additions. It is supposed to be an all inclusive street suspension system, the starter box is the first step in a race suspension.

Yeah I know. I wanted to just buy the sport box and be done with it, but the more reading I do, it seems like the road and track box is the way to go. Course I can't afford to buy that and do my five lug at the same time.