Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors

BlakeusMaximus

Still got to try a little lube on my speedo head
Jul 12, 2017
I had a bodyman help me install these after work tonight and man o man!!! What a freaking difference! My welding skills are remedial at best so I had him help me weld them up. Car feels completely different. Feels extremely solid, and the ride is night and day. I can’t believe I never did this before on the other three mustangs I owned before this one. Going over bumps and :poo: in the road is night and day. Car launches harder and most of the little rattles are gone. I pulled the car in our frame machine and we had them welded up in about two hours. I felt a difference just backing off the frame machine. I highly recommend these things if some of you guys don’t have them installed on your cars. I didn’t take any pics of the connectors, but I thought my car looked good sitting up there on the frame machine.
D03541D8-6B79-4025-AA29-248515B5CF98.png

Last edited:
  • Sponsors(?)

Steel1

Mustang Master
Aug 18, 2017
Connecticut
Yeah subframe connectors are an upgrade you feel immediately.
The set I have on mine were put in over 10yrs. ago , think they are Steeda, but I can
remember being shocked by the feel.

BlakeusMaximus

Jul 12, 2017
Now add a K member and strut tower brace and you'll really feel a difference.
Yeah, better suspension and a strut tower brace are definitely in the plans in the near future. I had a buddy years ago install a tubular K member on his 94 GT and the freaking thing cracked. I don't know the brand, but it threw me off of installing one.

Reddevil91

10 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Nice!! I am planning on getting these as well probably get the bare ones then some how spray them once I figure out what I need to get to spray them with. Let me ask you all in here, how many of you are running after market front and rear sway bars? Are they worth an investment or is something not all that necessary if the stock ones are doing ok?

Hoytster

I don't dare do that to my Knob
10 Year Member
Dec 30, 2002
Cornwall, PA
www.hoytspot.com
I'm always one to tell people that one of the first mods they should ever do on a fox platform based car is a set of subframe connectors. It's amazing how much these car flex without them.

Hoytster

10 Year Member
Dec 30, 2002
Cornwall, PA
www.hoytspot.com
Nice!! I am planning on getting these as well probably get the bare ones then some how spray them once I figure out what I need to get to spray them with. Let me ask you all in here, how many of you are running after market front and rear sway bars? Are they worth an investment or is something not all that necessary if the stock ones are doing ok?
IMO, no reason to upgrade them unless you are a serious corner carver. And even then there are other items that should be addressed first.

Reactions: 88LXSleeper

BlakeusMaximus

Jul 12, 2017
I'm always one to tell people that one of the first mods they should ever do on a fox platform based car is a set of subframe connectors. It's amazing how much these car flex without them.
They made a huge difference, I'm beyond stoked!! And I'm an idiot for not doing it sooner.

Hoytster

10 Year Member
Dec 30, 2002
Cornwall, PA
www.hoytspot.com
They made a huge difference, I'm beyond stoked!! And I'm an idiot for not doing it sooner.
I remember the first set I ever welded in. I had a hard time getting the car down off the jack stands because the car wouldn't flex enough anymore to put the opposite tire on the ground.

Wouldn't call you an idiot, you just learned something new. That's like everyday for me :O_o:

BlakeusMaximus

Jul 12, 2017
I remember the first set I ever welded in. I had a hard time getting the car down off the jack stands because the car wouldn't flex enough anymore to put the opposite tire on the ground.

Wouldn't call you an idiot, you just learned something new. That's like everyday for me :O_o:
Me too!

Reactions: Hoytster

LX Dave

Jul 2, 2017
Glad I saw this thread and read how happy people are with these. Just ordered the full length with seat supports for the 87. Thanks for the reminder.

Tubbster66

Advanced Member
Aug 5, 2017
Kitsap, WA
I had a bodyman help me install these after work tonight and man o man!!! What a freaking difference! My welding skills are remedial at best so I had him help me weld them up. Car feels completely different. Feels extremely solid, and the ride is night and day. I can’t believe I never did this before on the other three mustangs I owned before this one. Going over bumps and :poo: in the road is night and day. Car launches harder and most of the little rattles are gone. I pulled the car in our frame machine and we had them welded up in about two hours. I felt a difference just backing off the frame machine. I highly recommend these things if some of you guys don’t have them installed on your cars. I didn’t take any pics of the connectors, but I thought my car looked good sitting up there on the frame machine.
D03541D8-6B79-4025-AA29-248515B5CF98.png
I’ve been toying with buying sub frames. The cobra has MM everything underneath but those. But I may not because they are welded.. glad to hear they worked out so well!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
XxMustang281xX Expired Maximum Motorsports Full Length Weld In Subframe Connectors,new In Box Drivetrain Parts 1
9 N.C. Maximum Motorsport Subframe Connectors N.C. Suspension Parts 4
J Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors Suspension Parts 2
J Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors - New In Box! Suspension Parts 0
S Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors question 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 5
tim8oland maximum motorsports: full-length subframe connectors 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 7
S Need detailed instructions for Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors installation SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 4
94YellowStang Maximum Motorsports subframes installed today! 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 12
Henceforward Maximum Motorsports Subframes, which way do they go? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 4
Imyourzero Finally, got my Maximum Motorsports full-length subframe connectors installed. 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 6
C For Sale Maximum Motorsport Pedal Box Spacer - Tallahassee, FL Wheels Tires Brakes 0
silverlx50 For Sale Maximum Motorsports Rear Upper Control Arm Bushing Tool Mustang FREE SHIPPING Other Classifieds 3
J Suspension LOOKING FOR USED M&M COILOVER KITS Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
LarsD SOLD 1991 LX hatch 5.0 (347/TKO) Elgin, Texas Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) 2
M Maximum Motorsports bushing removal/install tool stuck 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 16
B SOLD (New) Maximum Motorsports LCAs 79-98 Suspension Parts 0
normster6969 For Sale For Sale: Silver 2001 Mustang GT Premium Convertible $7,500 / 90,750 miles - lots of upgrades SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) 3
wiseguyk Suspension Swapping Steeda for MM caster camber plates - tip to retain alignment? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 7
B Expired (new) Maximum Motorsports Lca Suspension Parts 1
F Maximum Motorsports Customer Service - Did I Call On An Off Day?/please Help. 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 5
H Progress Thread Maximum Motorsports Strut Brace SVT Tech Forum 7
mikestang63 Maximum Motorsports Deal Of The Week 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 0
ReplayMan Fox Installing Maximum Motorsport 4-point Roll Bar + Low Slung Door Bars In My '91 Vert 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 9
A Maximum Motorsports Caster Plates Must Buy! Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 8
mikestang63 Maximum Motorsports Deal Of The Day 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 6
93 SVT Suspension Maximum Motorsports Best Pricing? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 10
mikestang63 Fyi.. Maximum Motorsports Deals Of The Day! 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 9
Bob Hughes Expired New In Box Maximum Motorsports 79-04 Lca $200 Shipped Suspension Parts 0
Prime Lord Expired Maximum Motorsports Lcas / Mach 1 Rear Springs Suspension Parts 2
mikestang63 SOLD Maximum Motorsport Fox Body CC plates Suspension Parts 2
C Expired 2003 Mustang Gt Vert - Ccw - Vortech - Maximum Motorsports SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) 0
S SOLD Maximum Motorsports Extreme Duty Adjustable Lcas Mmrcla-33 Suspension Parts 2
stangtmb Expired Maximum Motorsports Non-offset Front Control Arms, 1994-04 Mustang, Urethane. Mmfca-7 Suspension Parts 0
nickstone302 Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm Kit Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
C Expired Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar 99-04 Suspension Parts 0
J Maximum motorsport clutch cable with UPR quadrant? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 11
nito88stang Fox Mustang Parts - Maximum Motorsports K Member, Torque Arm etc Suspension Parts 2
harrellv10 Expired Maximum Motorsports Hd Torque Arm And Panhard For Sale Suspension Parts 5
S Maximum Motorsports FOX Tubular A Arms, Lower Control Arms, Sway Bar Endlinks & Bushings FOR SALE! Suspension Parts 2
S Maximum Motorsports Tubular K, Coilovers, Bilsteins, LCA's, etc Suspension Parts 7
S Maximum Motorsports Tubular K, A Arms, Coilovers, Bilsteins, LCA's, CC Plates etc Suspension Parts 4
F FS: New Maximum Motorsports Strut Tower Brace Suspension Parts 3
KXT 1994-04 Camber Caster Plates (Maximum Motorsports) Suspension Parts 1
LiquidGT Maximum Motorsports solid rack bushings! Suspension Parts 0
LiquidGT Maximum Motorsports solid rack bushings! Suspension Parts 0
79'293stang Maximum Motorsports Kmember/Front Control Arms Suspension Parts 1
Kornnut Maximum Motorsports deal of the day 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 3
gtcobra302 MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS BUMPSTEER KIT MMTR-1 BRAND NEW Suspension Parts 1
J Maximum Motorsports Caster/ Camber Plates: 1994-2004 Suspension Parts 1
commonrules Maximum Motorsports CC Plates SN95 V6 Mustang Tech 0