Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors

BlakeusMaximus

Still got to try a little lube on my speedo head
5 Year Member
Jul 12, 2017
I had a bodyman help me install these after work tonight and man o man!!! What a freaking difference! My welding skills are remedial at best so I had him help me weld them up. Car feels completely different. Feels extremely solid, and the ride is night and day. I can’t believe I never did this before on the other three mustangs I owned before this one. Going over bumps and :poo: in the road is night and day. Car launches harder and most of the little rattles are gone. I pulled the car in our frame machine and we had them welded up in about two hours. I felt a difference just backing off the frame machine. I highly recommend these things if some of you guys don’t have them installed on your cars. I didn’t take any pics of the connectors, but I thought my car looked good sitting up there on the frame machine.
D03541D8-6B79-4025-AA29-248515B5CF98.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah subframe connectors are an upgrade you feel immediately.
The set I have on mine were put in over 10yrs. ago , think they are Steeda, but I can
remember being shocked by the feel.

Now add a K member and strut tower brace and you'll really feel a difference.
Yeah, better suspension and a strut tower brace are definitely in the plans in the near future. I had a buddy years ago install a tubular K member on his 94 GT and the freaking thing cracked. I don't know the brand, but it threw me off of installing one.

Nice!! I am planning on getting these as well probably get the bare ones then some how spray them once I figure out what I need to get to spray them with. Let me ask you all in here, how many of you are running after market front and rear sway bars? Are they worth an investment or is something not all that necessary if the stock ones are doing ok?

I'm always one to tell people that one of the first mods they should ever do on a fox platform based car is a set of subframe connectors. It's amazing how much these car flex without them.

Nice!! I am planning on getting these as well probably get the bare ones then some how spray them once I figure out what I need to get to spray them with. Let me ask you all in here, how many of you are running after market front and rear sway bars? Are they worth an investment or is something not all that necessary if the stock ones are doing ok?

IMO, no reason to upgrade them unless you are a serious corner carver. And even then there are other items that should be addressed first.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm always one to tell people that one of the first mods they should ever do on a fox platform based car is a set of subframe connectors. It's amazing how much these car flex without them.
They made a huge difference, I'm beyond stoked!! And I'm an idiot for not doing it sooner.

They made a huge difference, I'm beyond stoked!! And I'm an idiot for not doing it sooner.

I remember the first set I ever welded in. I had a hard time getting the car down off the jack stands because the car wouldn't flex enough anymore to put the opposite tire on the ground.

Wouldn't call you an idiot, you just learned something new. That's like everyday for me :O_o:

I remember the first set I ever welded in. I had a hard time getting the car down off the jack stands because the car wouldn't flex enough anymore to put the opposite tire on the ground.

Wouldn't call you an idiot, you just learned something new. That's like everyday for me :O_o:
Me too!

Reactions: 1 user
I had a bodyman help me install these after work tonight and man o man!!! What a freaking difference! My welding skills are remedial at best so I had him help me weld them up. Car feels completely different. Feels extremely solid, and the ride is night and day. I can’t believe I never did this before on the other three mustangs I owned before this one. Going over bumps and :poo: in the road is night and day. Car launches harder and most of the little rattles are gone. I pulled the car in our frame machine and we had them welded up in about two hours. I felt a difference just backing off the frame machine. I highly recommend these things if some of you guys don’t have them installed on your cars. I didn’t take any pics of the connectors, but I thought my car looked good sitting up there on the frame machine.
D03541D8-6B79-4025-AA29-248515B5CF98.png
I’ve been toying with buying sub frames. The cobra has MM everything underneath but those. But I may not because they are welded.. glad to hear they worked out so well!