May be reunited with my first Mustang!!!

The Shape

Founding Member
Jan 11, 2002
East ARKANSAS Delta
Ok some people may remeber me around here. I had an 87' GT I daily drove for around 6 years. Two and a half years ago I went to work as a police officer and was making more money so I decided to buy a brand new Tacoma as a daily driver. Well I worked long hours and the 5.0 set under a cover 99.9% of the time. I decided to sell it to pay off some old credit card debt. I let it go for 4K and have kicked myself ever since. The guy I sold it to sold it to someone else who I ended up arresting for hot check warrants and having to have my old car impounded LOL. That guy finally sold it again and I lost track of it. Well last year I went from the police department to being a correctional officer at a federal prison which is much more lucrative than being a street cop. I had been thinking of getting a late model stang but decided I really wanted another old fox instead. Well yesterday I found out the guy who owns the car now is trying to sell it. I contacted him and am going to look at it saturday. If it isn't to ragged out it will be back in my garage and I will be able to do all of the stuff I always wanted to do to it but couldn't because of it being a DD and a lack of cash. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Not the Po-Po anymore LOL. As far as not knowing if you want your first stang back, I might not either. When I had it towed it was looking a bit rough. I can't wait to go take a look at it. Even if I don't get it because of condition, I'm hell bent for another fox!

Well I went and looked at my old fox today, couldn't wait for saturday. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is it was trashed! I would have had to get a loan from my credit union to get it and then spent a fortune on the interior alone before even getting to the trashed out paint job. So I decided to pass.

The good news is I went shopping afterwards and if everything works out ok I will hopefully be trading my tacoma in tommorow morning on an '06 Black GT with black leather interior and black torque thrust with polished lips! Has 15K on it. It isn't a fox, but it will make a nice daily driver I shouldn't have to wrench on for a long time.

My first Mustang was a relatively clean 4-banger. I wish i still had it

And your first Lincoln was a dirty 144 banger. We wish the CDC had it. :D

James, great to see you back on here. :nice: I think that S197 sounds great (I'd love a new stang if funds allowed). I know you were tinkering on both your foxes a bit back in the day - having a reliable DD is golden.

Good luck brah!