May have totalled my car

• Sponsors (?)

Damn that sux...if it were me and it was paid off, I'd almost wish it were totaled and just use the money for a down payment on a new 5.0.

Well, unfortunately, it's not paid off. To make matters worse, I am upside down on it right now and I didn't have gap insurance. I'm still not sure what I am going to do at this point, but will definitely explore ALL of my options.

I would try to negotiate buy-back and then fix it up with some nice upgraded body parts. If they wont let you buy back at a good price, then request to be able to remove your mods from the vehicle. Being upside down sounds like it could be tough. Good luck:nice:

Unfortunately, It doesn't look like I will be able to keep it. I would have to pay off the car before the lien holder will even let me have it (another $6k beyond the current proposed settlement), then pay for the repairs out of my pocket. I can't afford that right now, so unless something happens between now and Saturday, I am going to get my wheels, shifter and radio out of it and walk away from it.

Man I loved that car. :(

Maybe it's time that I save up a decent down payment for a 2011 or 2012 GT.

This is how I will remember her.

RIP 1/26/2011

newwheelsfrontangle.jpg

That sux but it happens, just save your pennies for a new one down the road.

With the insurance settlement, I should have it paid off by the end of the month. Then I will be putting back the payment amount PLUS the massive amounts of overtime I am about to rack up for a decent down payment on a new 5.0 (unless I come across another deal I can't pass up).

Sorry to hear that as it was certainly a beautiful car.

I see by your license plates that you are from Texas. I cannot help saying that there is just something seriously off with people behind the wheel of a car there in Texas. Seriously, I have been through many many states in my life and have even lived in Texas for several years and I have NEVER seen a another state in the country where there was such GOSH DARN idiotic drivers in my life!!

What a shame to see, but out of all my travels in life, if I were to predict a state that I would have an accident in, my money is on Texas. Every time I used to drive anywheres there, I would witness an accident. EVERY F'N TIME, LOL.

I just dont get it. Sorry again about your lose, this has happened to several of my Texas friends as well. Try to stay OFF the roads in Texas as much as possible. Good grief, I cant believe I am saying that!! Good luck!

Sorry to hear that as it was certainly a beautiful car.

I see by your license plates that you are from Texas. I cannot help saying that there is just something seriously off with people behind the wheel of a car there in Texas. Seriously, I have been through many many states in my life and have even lived in Texas for several years and I have NEVER seen a another state in the country where there was such GOSH DARN idiotic drivers in my life!!

What a shame to see, but out of all my travels in life, if I were to predict a state that I would have an accident in, my money is on Texas. Every time I used to drive anywheres there, I would witness an accident. EVERY F'N TIME, LOL.

I just dont get it. Sorry again about your lose, this has happened to several of my Texas friends as well. Try to stay OFF the roads in Texas as much as possible. Good grief, I cant believe I am saying that!! Good luck!

Well, it's not really that bad. Dallas SUCKS, but I've gotten used to it. When I started driving back in he mid 90s, it was in Dallas. Of the 15 or 16 years I have been driving, this was my first accident. That's not to say I haven't had my share of close calls either. I drive 60 miles a day for work in the worst of the worst traffic in Dallas.

Texas drivers are different in other cities/regions as well.

I just paid the car off today. I'm not sure how I came up with the $4k beyond the insurance settlement in just 3 weeks, but I did it. My goal was to pay it off by the end of February, which was to include a paycheck on the 28th. Now that I didn't have to use that paycheck to help with the payoff, I get a head start saving for a down payment.

My next goal is to have a new 5.0 by June 25th. I know that is a long time from now, but I want as big of a down payment as possible. That is also the Saturday before my birthday, so it would a great present for myself.

I have heard that Dallas is a pain to drive in, I guess the same would go for Houston for anyone that isn't used to driving here... Although I hardly ever get tailgated or cut off the only thing that I hate is the damn texting and driving I have noticed around here, Im 20yrs old and I dont text or I rarely talk on the phone when I drive cause I dont like shifting and holding the phone.. Seriously this texting stuff needs to stop cause people dont realize they are piloting a two ton missle...:nonono:
End rant...

Btw I cant remember if I said this before or not sorry to read about you accident, too bad it got written off as totaled... Although a 5.0 does sound bad ass!
:nice:

I just picked up my new baby last night!

2009 GT w/ glass roof, HIDs, leather, Shaker 500, 5 speed, interior upgrade. And probably the best part about it...only 21k miles.

1301545914.jpg

Nice! Year/model/specs?

EDIT: I see it's an '09.

EDIT: I see you put in the specs, I thought HIDs weren't available til late 2010?

If you don't mind my asking, how much did that set you back? That glass roof is not too common.