May have totalled my car

HOOCBB

Jun 5, 2008
Even though it is just a 2V, this car is my baby. I've spent a lot of time on it the last couple of years to keep it looking good, then this happens.

I was driving home from work Wednesday night and hadn't gotten far from the office (maybe 2 miles). There was an SUV in front of me that did not slow down to make an evasive lane change. By the time I saw the car he was avoiding and was able to stand on the brakes, I did not have enough room to stop. There were cars on both sides of me, so I would have hit something no matter what I did. For some reason, my lane was the only one that slowed before the impact.

wreck2a.jpg

wreck1.jpg

airbagsq.jpg

I am meeting with the insurance adjuster tomorrow morning to see what the verdict is. I plan on fixing it no matter what insurance decides.

• Sponsors (?)

Sucks man. Sorry. Hopefully the frame is ok. Its going to be a lot of work to repair, thats for sure. Insurance will total it due to its age for sure.

The core support is damaged, but fixable. The unibody and front subframe is fine. Even the front fenders are only damaged at the very tips.

img0159l.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I think I need to keep it and fix it. Like I said earlier, the fenders are straight (except for the tips), the body is straight, the gaps between the fenders and the hood are still good, and the suspension is untouched.

I think it's just time for a Cervini's 95 Cobra R style hood and 03/04 Cobra bumper cover.

BTW, I am open to different bumper covers. Not fully decided on the 03/04 and I know the 99/01 Cobra would look good as well.

That sux but it is totaly fixable. Can get a new rad support easy enough and the 03/04 bumper and hood are the best looking ones for those era cars IMHO. You will have her back in no time and lookin better then ever plus have some change in your pocket ....... maybe enough for a blower. :stick:

Sorry to hear man. My baby was hit by an unoccupied vehicle in December (first accident ever).

Fortunately for me, it scraped alongside a Seabring before hitting me so it slowed the vehicle down a bit.

Quarter panel needed repair and the rear bumper repainted. Got really lucky.

Didn't have to pay a penny, rental car included.

Hope everything works out for you! :nice:

I am also sorry to hear this ... But I agree with the others. Buy it back and keep it. Even though it is officially "totalled" as per the DMV, it can still be a great car to own for a long, long time. Especially considering your mods. Just a thought ...