Mayhem, Carnage and Destruction

kck6894

Advanced Member
Mar 18, 2004
Paradise
racing seems to take a pretty good toll on parts. I've got a pretty good collection going from over the years. Thought I'd share some pics of the carnage. :D

I broke my cam when the block split. I was amazed that the car would still drive down the street when it was only running on cylinders 1 and 5 :D
DSC00314.jpg

Eaton pois unit. I launched it off the line and all I heard was a pop. OOPS :D

I called Randy's Ring and Pinion where I bought it and he told me to call eaton and they would sell me the parts to fix it. :rolleyes: I had to explain to him it was slight more broken than that. :D
DSC00316.jpg

This was the damage done to my Pro-shifted Tremec TKO. 3rd gear went and took the case and the cluster with it.
DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

This is the most recent. 2nd 8.8 housing I've broke. My 60's went to pot and I noticed the LH rear tire rubbing the front of the wheel well. Ended up 2nd place at the races that day and found a nice puddle of gear oil in my driveway after I drove home. :flag:
DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

Post of pics or story's of you destruction :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Thats definitely some carnage. What ET's and 60 ft's you pulling to break the rear 8.8 housing??

I recently took the parts out of my 94 Cobra and put them in a fox. It actually broke in the fox running 1.40 60's. I think I was actually caused by the Cobra though. The Cobra was running 1.47 60's at 3500lbs. I think it had more to do with the weight than the HP.

I love these threads.

You have an impressive list of failures. :hail2:

I can't believe your engine could idle, much less drive on 2 cylinders. That's awesome.

How much torque were you making when the eaton blew?

I love these threads.

You have an impressive list of failures. :hail2:

I can't believe your engine could idle, much less drive on 2 cylinders. That's awesome.

How much torque were you making when the eaton blew?

Yeah well the list didn't include all the clutches I've destroyed :D

I was amazed it would run after I found out what happened. I drove it about 5 miles down the street after it broke.

I don't remember. It's been several years ago and I don't know what mods I had done at the time. I remember the guys at Eaton telling me there was no way I could have broke it. I sent pics. :o)

Yeah well the list didn't include all the clutches I've destroyed :D

I was amazed it would run after I found out what happened. I drove it about 5 miles down the street after it broke.

I don't remember. It's been several years ago and I don't know what mods I had done at the time. I remember the guys at Eaton telling me there was no way I could have broke it. I sent pics. :o)

Haha. Better question, what did eaton rate the housing at?

You should see the internals I pulled out of a 4 cyl Ford Tractor that my dad wondered why it wouldn't start. I took the valve cover off and 4 pushrods were completely GONE! I said "uh oh". There's only one place for them to go and one way for them to get there. I pulled the oil pain and found four extremely mangled up pushrods, 4 lifters in I don't remember how many pieces, and the back half of the cam in two pieces, all laying in the pan! No wonder it won't start!

I also have a piston that's fubard pretty good, and the 3rd gear of a T5 that has no teeth half way around it. I also had a mangled pinion bearing, seal, and the pinion itself.

I bent a leaf spring launching my 68 one time. That car has tore up a countless number of yokes (trans yokes, and the rear one for the pinion) and driveshafts.

I snapped the tailshaft of my 5 speed F150 (not stock 302) when I speed shifted to 2nd once. When it snapped, it bent and took out the tail housing too. That was not fun.

I guess that's about it.