Mclaren?

psycho78

Mar 19, 2010
Tampa, FL
Does anyone know any info on the Mclaren foxbodys? I have a guy willing to sell me his 87 'vert for DIRT CHEAP and before I make the purchase, Id like some info on 'em. I understand they were limited in number and (if my info is correct) the 'verts were actually made from the hatchback body (which is why it has a more slanted front windshield and a manual operating top). Any info would be appreciated guys! :)

• Sponsors (?)

The window slant was custom...i don't believe it had anything to do with being from a hatch because the hatches have the same slant as the verts. Aside from that they're your typical 5.0 as far as performance goes.

Here's a bunch of info. The Capris where built off hatch backs but only because they weren't available as coupes. The Mustangs started out life as coupes just like all other verts.

http://www.ascmclaren.org/WhatIsAnAscMcLaren.html

No hell any running car for less than a grand is a decent deal. It helps if the McLaren specific parts like the body kit and wing etc are all there so if you decide to fix it up you won't have to search the ends of the Earth to find parts. Personally i love the window slant...at first i didn't like it but the more i look at them the more i like it. If i where to own a fox vert i'd want one of these.

there is a silver 88 running around town here thats nice and i know of a 84 convertible capri thats near by that ive been meaning to get pics of.
Ill have to try and track down the pics of the 88...

i used to own an 86 mustang vert which is even more rare because they only made capri hardtops and verts back then .they switched to the mustangs in 87 i wish i had kept that car because i'm sure it would be worth some money someday.by the way the used the notchback for the conversion on all the convertibles.

Well, Ive looked it up and its triple atlantic blue (car/top/int) and only 28 made that year...and I think I can steal it for about $800....hell the original rims alone are probably worth that...only probs I see so far are it needs a paint job, a replacement rear bumper, and an antenna (lol). Even the interior is rip/hole free, tho the leather is alittle worn. Ill post some pics up later when I get a chance...

i used to own an 86 mustang vert which is even more rare because they only made capri hardtops and verts back then .they switched to the mustangs in 87 i wish i had kept that car because i'm sure it would be worth some money someday.by the way the used the notchback for the conversion on all the convertibles.

Capris didn't come in coupes, so those where made from hatchbacks. Just FYI

Hey guys, just an update - Im going to buy the car. Heres a couple snaps off my camera phone if anyone wants to see it:

McLaren2.jpg

McLaren1.jpg