MD,DC,VA and others

New to VA, need help with emissions

hi all.

I just moved to VA. I have a slightly modified 01 GT that has failed emissions testing. Ford and a mustang performance center told me the Mac cats are bad they have to be replaced. Mac told me the combo of long tube headers with their cats makes the mixture too lean that I would need a laptop or remap or chip to retune the computer to make it richer and that would bring down the nox and I could pass. The place I called said 500-600 for a chip. Is there a better way I can do this? Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Simba's Stang said:
hi all.

I just moved to VA. I have a slightly modified 01 GT that has failed emissions testing. Ford and a mustang performance center told me the Mac cats are bad they have to be replaced. Mac told me the combo of long tube headers with their cats makes the mixture too lean that I would need a laptop or remap or chip to retune the computer to make it richer and that would bring down the nox and I could pass. The place I called said 500-600 for a chip. Is there a better way I can do this? Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Try posting in 4.6 tech ... you'll get alot more responses!

Just saying hi. Live in Owings Mills, moving to Belcamp in Sept. Just picked up a 92 LX 5.0 coupe. This is my 5th Mustang, 4th 5.0. The last time I owned one was 5 years ago. Getting back into it.

Linz said:
We could all meet in Rockville at the ricer hangout, and show them some american muscle :)
:notnice:

I also own an STI that does mid 12's with just an exhaust and a retune. I see American Muscle in my mirror all the time :shrug:

This isn't one of those "We hate imports" groups is it? Or are you just bagging on the ricey crap? Because I love and respect anything that's performance oriented. Now that doesn't mean that I won't pick on ricey cars, but that's not limited to imports. Plenty of Cavaliers and Corsicas, and other "domestic rice" out there. Plenty of imports to give respect to as well.

bullhead said:
This isn't one of those "We hate imports" groups is it? Or are you just bagging on the ricey crap? Because I love and respect anything that's performance oriented. Now that doesn't mean that I won't pick on ricey cars, but that's not limited to imports. Plenty of Cavaliers and Corsicas, and other "domestic rice" out there. Plenty of imports to give respect to as well.

I agree 100%.

Don't accuse or assume that I'm dogging on all imports.
If you had ever BEEN to Barnes and Noble in Rockville, you would know exactally what I was talking about.
STOCK escalades w/ neons and G-unit stickers on it, revving and doing burnouts. Yeah... thats ricey. Give me a break, dude. :nonono: :rolleyes:

i agree Linz that there are alot of ricers at B and N, (ex. white navigator with neons and g-unit sticker) but i do have to say that i have met alot, and fortunately not on this forum, domestic car owners that bash on imports and vice versa. I think a person must respect every avenue of car customization whether it be import or domestic. But sorry if it seemed like i was accusing u.