Me vs. Brothas in a Caddy

Craig Mack

Busted Buffing the Bishop
Founding Member
Mar 9, 2002
Lake Mary, FL
I pulled up beside an old baby blue cadillac of some sort by my house at an intersection red light. It was a sedan, definately a V8. It was full of people with the rap music blastin'. The guy in the front seat asked me if my rims were 24's. :rolleyes: :rlaugh: I told him no they were 18's. He told me nice car, wanna race? I said "thanks....I donno about the race, you'll probably beat me" (joking of course). He said punch it from the light. Well, the light turns green and I take off SLOWLY in second gear, and I hear the V8 in his car roar. At this time I am still chugging along slowly in second gear. I wait until I crawl up to 3800rpm and punch it, and as soon as I hit third gear I put a few cars on him. I slow back down, wait for him to catch back up. I hear him floor it and as soon as he passes me I mash the gas in second @3800rpm again and put another instant 2-3 cars on him. He immediently shut down after I hit third gear.

Anyways, his car actually sounded mean, sounding like a 350ci with open headers. It looked like an old rusty caddy though, down to the bicycle spoked 15x6.5" rims.

I would definately say this race was ghetto fabulous. :D

• Sponsors (?)

hey man, a couple years ago i was in my 92 5.0 just cruising, when i come up to a light and this OLD LADY in a blue cadillac looks over, smiles, and at the green takes off. i was shocked, not only wasnt i prepared but that thing was fast! it was an eldorado with a 32V northstar, sounded mean too.
so at the next light i was ready right? this was back when my 5.0 was virtually stock, so i wasnt like all powerful(i thought i might lose). light changes and she took off harder then before! cut the tires loose and everything, but i hooked up much better and just riped through every gear to beat her(she must have had an auto) but it was still a sad thing.......
anyone know the stats on those northstars? they must have some kind of power(not at the higher rpms though, cause at about 4000 i floored it in 3rd and took off, way off)

hey man, a couple years ago i was in my 92 5.0 just cruising, when i come up to a light and this OLD LADY in a blue cadillac looks over, smiles, and at the green takes off. i was shocked, not only wasnt i prepared but that thing was fast! it was an eldorado with a 32V northstar, sounded mean too.
so at the next light i was ready right? this was back when my 5.0 was virtually stock, so i wasnt like all powerful(i thought i might lose). light changes and she took off harder then before! cut the tires loose and everything, but i hooked up much better and just riped through every gear to beat her(she must have had an auto) but it was still a sad thing.......
anyone know the stats on those northstars? they must have some kind of power(not at the higher rpms though, cause at about 4000 i floored it in 3rd and took off, way off)
nice kill though Mack!

BrutalStang said:
nice kill though Mack!

LoL, thanks I guess. :D It's not really a kill, I more or less was just toying with him, although his car would beat your average commuter in a race.

I don't know about in the older Elderado's, but the new caddy northstars in the STS/SDS (or whatever it is) have ~300hp/295tq, and ~285hp/305tq. Probably similer #'s for that elderado. I bet those elderados would give stock 5.0s a workout for sure, they probably run mid 15's at the track. I bet the feeling you got when you actually had to work to beat her was priceless....those are always funny though, I always get a good laugh out of those experiences at least. :)

I'll tell you what, I love having a Cobra. Earlier today on the highway, I had a sebring in the lane next to me that wouldnt let me over. I was in the fast lane trying to get over cause my exit was coming up. Well, traffic CLEARED out and there was no one in my lane for miles. So I casually mash the gas in 5th gear and sit back and enjoy the ride. (5th is actually FAST when it gets past 3250rpm believe it or not) anyways, the sebring was right beside me. I hit 110, still in 5th, just casually chugging along forward. I hit 115 and all of a sudden he just DROPS back. I hit a buck 20, pull in front of him, get over to the other slow lane and slow down, and exit the highway. Poor sap was trying his hardest to keep me from passing him, musta hit his revv limiter. :rlaugh: The cobra felt soo smooth at 120 too, it feels like the faster I go the smoother it gets. It felt like the engine was begging me to go faster, but of course I couldn't.

Cliffs Notes: The top end of these DOHC engines is AWESOME. :)

Craig Mack said:
LoL, thanks I guess. :D It's not really a kill, I more or less was just toying with him, although his car would beat your average commuter in a race.

I don't know about in the older Elderado's, but the new caddy northstars in the STS/SDS (or whatever it is) have ~300hp/295tq, and ~285hp/305tq. Probably similer #'s for that elderado. I bet those elderados would give stock 5.0s a workout for sure, they probably run mid 15's at the track. I bet the feeling you got when you actually had to work to beat her was priceless....those are always funny though, I always get a good laugh out of those experiences at least. :)

I'll tell you what, I love having a Cobra. Earlier today on the highway, I had a sebring in the lane next to me that wouldnt let me over. I was in the fast lane trying to get over cause my exit was coming up. Well, traffic CLEARED out and there was no one in my lane for miles. So I casually mash the gas in 5th gear and sit back and enjoy the ride. (5th is actually FAST when it gets past 3250rpm believe it or not) anyways, the sebring was right beside me. I hit 110, still in 5th, just casually chugging along forward. I hit 115 and all of a sudden he just DROPS back. I hit a buck 20, pull in front of him, get over to the other slow lane and slow down, and exit the highway. Poor sap was trying his hardest to keep me from passing him, musta hit his revv limiter. :rlaugh: The cobra felt soo smooth at 120 too, it feels like the faster I go the smoother it gets. It felt like the engine was begging me to go faster, but of course I couldn't.

Cliffs Notes: The top end of these DOHC engines is AWESOME. :)

150 is pretty wicked too... especially with the top down..... you can still talk to your passenger!!

A guy I used to know a while back had a 76 coupe deville with a 500 ci motor with some mods and nitrous! :D I think he said it ran 13.5 or something he handed a bunch of people their ass in various camaros stangs etc.

BrutalStang said:
There was some little old lady around where I live that would drive the hell out of her 70 Chevelle SS. :eek: