Me VS Nissain Sylvia ???

zZsKyZz

Dec 1, 2005
Alright, here's the story:

A kid has one of these things (which I know nothing about) and from what people tell me (I was at a party this weekend and the kid was talking ****) so I didn't really wanna say anything because I just kinda listened... Other people that have seen him race told me his car is fast and he races for pinks alot. He supposivally has a garage full of cars that he 'won' but he races dirty and will try to hit you if you're beating him. Also, he said he does the quarter in 9.6@131mph... Now is it just me or is 131mph a bit _SLOW_ for a time of 9.3 seconds? Anyway, he said he wants to race me in the summer and I wanna know what you guys think.. I don't wanna lose especially because a ton of people heard about it and I think the kid is a complete wanker.

Anyway.. Any news about these sylvia things?

• Sponsors (?)

Well its most likely not a real Sylvia, probably a 240SX (Sylvia is the Japanese version of the car). They can be pretty quick, but like anything it all comes down to whats done to it.

As for racing him? I'd say screw it, especially if he races like an idiot. Tell him to go to the strip if you want a clean race. That way he cant play dirty without some serious repercussions.

ES Stangin said:
Well its most likely not a real Sylvia, probably a 240SX (Sylvia is the Japanese version of the car). They can be pretty quick, but like anything it all comes down to whats done to it.

As for racing him? I'd say screw it, especially if he races like an idiot. Tell him to go to the strip if you want a clean race. That way he cant play dirty without some serious repercussions.

Yeah, I've thought about telling him to meet me at the track.. The kid just pisses me off and ****... And I don't even really know him. But I should have more done to the car before the summer and I just wanna know what to expect out of his car and what my chances are.

All I can say is DON'T GO THERE with a person like that. If you approach him, just give him a friendly invite to the track. I did that once and they just back down really quick. He might give you an excuse . . . "my car is too fast, they kicked me out"

There are Silvias in the states. I was helping a friend look for them as well as 240's. But it's pretty common for a 240 to be in the 13's with a new motor and turbo. When I was bone stock, they would always try to get me to race them but I knew they would smoke me. Now might be a different story.

I highly doubt that he runs 9's, Does he have a cage? If he runs 9's and has no cage his car would be twisted like e pretzel. The 240 or sylvia can be quick, I have never seen one run 9's I have seen them in the 10's. I say go to the track, Tell him you know he races dirty, That way the track will keep it even, or fair at least.

240's/sylvias are nothing to joke about when done right, which isnt that hard to do. yea 9's seems a little farfetched but who knows.

A freind of mine has a Sylvia that was imported from japan. HKS sponsored him so it cost him nothing. The only crappy thing is the car only made 166 to the tires:(. Only has a frount mount and exhaust

whether i think i'm faster than another guy or not, i would never race for pink slips, period. too much can happen, and it is not worth losing your car over it.

a video and bragging rights should be enough.

You seem to be kinda young (possibly late teens)...I'm guessing. Meeting people like that at parties. Honestly when you grow up its not a big deal. WHo cares if his car is in the 9's (which I really doubt if he drives it on the street). Its prolly too late now but when someone starts talking $hit to you just play it off. WHen someone comes up to me and says "My car will smoke yours" or something like that...I say Ok, thats cool and I go on with my previous conversation...situation diffused. But, I can say honestly I dont care about whos car is faster and whatever. If you have a nice car I will say that. I dont play any angles like lying about parts and/or times, or avoid popping my hood, etc., etc. But then again I also dont street race. I've had maximas and stuff (basically cars I could smoke) try to race me on the road and I let them drive on by. But if you really must take him on dont do it on the street. Its not safe for you or the people on the street. Take it to the autocross track:D . I think I'm done now. -Robin

zZsKyZz said:
Alright, here's the story:

A kid has one of these things (which I know nothing about) and from what people tell me (I was at a party this weekend and the kid was talking ****) so I didn't really wanna say anything because I just kinda listened... Other people that have seen him race told me his car is fast and he races for pinks alot. He supposivally has a garage full of cars that he 'won' but he races dirty and will try to hit you if you're beating him. Also, he said he does the quarter in 9.6@131mph... Now is it just me or is 131mph a bit _SLOW_ for a time of 9.3 seconds? Anyway, he said he wants to race me in the summer and I wanna know what you guys think.. I don't wanna lose especially because a ton of people heard about it and I think the kid is a complete wanker.

Anyway.. Any news about these sylvia things?

He races for "pinks" and supposedly has a garage full of cars he`s won?:D.

I somehow have a feeling that this kid was talking **** as you said.

Ask him if you can see his "collection" of cars he`s won before the race.:lol:

Henceforward said:
Tell him to race Dwayne Gutridge first...

'93 Mustang notch-back. 347c.i.-turbo.
1/4 mile= 7.9 sec. @ 170+ mph

But he will probably beat that also. :(

ppppppppfffffffffffffttttttttttttttttt.... I can beat that with my moms impala.:rolleyes: